D70 and LightMeter screwUP...WHY.?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzulhjdzaid

Apr 28, 2004
Phattalung Northern Singapore
My Minolta Light Meter reads 1/60 f8 BUT my D70 must settle at 1/2000 f22 in manual mode.
im using 2 elincrom 500 with softbox....can anyone help me..?..
:dunno:

ok, I'll try

describe your setup and how you take the metering.......

have you made sure the ISO on the 2 tallies ?

ISO Auto on D70.....
Black Backdrop.....
2 Elincrome 500
1 softbox..
1 White umbrella..
Light Meter set at 1/60...ISO 200 LM reads 1/60 f8
D70 Manual mode
:sweat:
Meter from side face, front face and under chin....all give same reading.
But when i shot from D70 with the meter reading Overexposed my last setup was at 1/2000 f22-25
:dunno:

dzulhjdzaid said:
ISO Auto on D70.....
Black Backdrop.....
2 Elincrome 500
1 softbox..
1 White umbrella..
Light Meter set at 1/60...ISO 200
D70 Manual mode
:sweat:

if your ISO is auto on your camera, how is it going to correspond with the iso 200 on your light meter ?

just make those 2 tally should solve your problem.

Shouldn't this be in the Minolta or Nikon forum or even the General, Reviews, Tech Talk section? Thought this thread is for performance and stage photography.

Anyway, yah, check if your ISO settings on both the light meter and the camera are the same.

Otherwise, something may be wrong with your metering method or the meter itself. Can't be the camera's fault because you're not using the camera's meter. ;) Unless the shutter speed displayed on the camera and actual shutter speed is wrong...

Does your camera work fine on its own outside the studio? Have you tried the light meter outdoors?

rueyloon said:
if your ISO is auto on your camera, how is it going to correspond with the iso 200 on your light meter ?

give me 5min...let me try..... (why never think of dat.?) ;p

Ahhh... okay, while writing my previous post, the problem and solution has been revealed... set the ISO to 200 on the camera to correspond to the light meter setting.

acroamatic said:
Shouldn't this be in the Minolta or Nikon forum or even the General, Reviews, Tech Talk section? Thought this thread is for performance and stage photography.

Anyway, yah, check if your ISO settings on both the light meter and the camera are the same.

Otherwise, something may be wrong with your metering method or the meter itself. Can't be the camera's fault because you're not using the camera's meter. ;) Unless the shutter speed displayed on the camera and actual shutter speed is wrong...

Does your camera work fine on its own outside the studio? Have you tried the light meter outdoors?

thankz 4 the advice.....i`m trying to get it right at the moment....get back in 10minz.... :D

acroamatic said:
Ahhh... okay, while writing my previous post, the problem and solution has been revealed... set the ISO to 200 on the camera to correspond to the light meter setting.
All set and DONE.......THANKS Bro..... :thumbsup:
:blah:

rueyloon said:

:thumbsup: done it thankz.!!! :blah:

Status
Not open for further replies.