D600 User Thread II

lenslust said:
I see, I'm heading to Europe soon, wonder if can order from Amazon UK/US.

Nevermind, $20+ as calculated is still too expensive for 500grams of stuff, my cart is only $70+.

Amazon UK and D are good options, used them in the past when I lived there.

Amazon UK and D are good options, used them in the past when I lived there.

Yeah, surprisingly JP's XQD prices still are very high. Amazon US's much lower, although Adorama no longer sells them, and I'm not very willing to try other vendors.

Guess I'll hold till I reach one of the areas there.

what does wu-1b do? add wifi capability to d600?

jus an update on the phottix bg-d600.
i fitted it in and it fits well.
no/not much(depends on ur expectation) of loose gaps/movements.

as lenlust has mentioned earlier, he finds too much recoil with the shutter button.
i tried it and it feels a little more 'springy', but not much of an issue.

i read abt other grips havin this issue with the rotating dials that if 1 turns too quickly, the adjustments do not get register with the camera.
eg 3 quick turns but only 2 adjustments recorded.
i'm pleased to say that from what i had tried, the phottix grip that i hv does not hv this issue.

i had previously used the nikon grip for d80 & d90,also for omd(if it helps....) and i would rate this grip as a 8/10.
the reason for not gettin full marks is i know the original grip has alloy material, and i'm giving it the benefit of doubt that the original grip has a much higher, better quality build.

overall, for abt 1/3 of the price of the original grip, i would say i'm happy with this grip.

btw, TK says the warranty is 1yr, and to go back to them if any issues.

Last edited:

jus an update on the phottix bg-d600.
i fitted it in and it fits well.
no/not much(depends on ur expectation) of loose gaps/movements.

as lenlust has mentioned earlier, he finds too much recoil with the shutter button.
i tried it and it feels a little more 'springy', but not much of an issue.

i read abt other grips havin this issue with the rotating dials that if 1 turns too quickly, the adjustments do not get register with the camera.
eg 3 quick turns but only 2 adjustments recorded.
i'm pleased to say that from what i had tried, the phottix grip that i hv does not hv this issue.

i had previously used the nikon grip for d80 & d90,also for omd(if it helps....) and i would rate this grip as a 8/10.
the reason for not gettin full marks is i know the original grip has alloy material, and i'm giving it the benefit of doubt that the original grip has a much higher, better quality build.

overall, for abt 1/3 of the price of the original grip, i would say i'm happy with this grip.

btw, TK says the warranty is 1yr, and to go back to them if any issues.

Oh my feedback on the recoil was not really an issue, just a finding. I've used grips on the D100 and D7000 before, as well as the 'permanent' grips on the D1/2/3/4, so I know what to expect when I use the 'button'. Have not really tried the settings dial like you mentioned to see if any was skipped in the process of turning the dial, but thanks for sharing.

The D600 grip is considered cheap around $300. The D800 grip is priced at $500+!!

Yeah, surprisingly JP's XQD prices still are very high. Amazon US's much lower, although Adorama no longer sells them, and I'm not very willing to try other vendors.

Guess I'll hold till I reach one of the areas there.

What about getting online from B&H ?

ijnek said:

Yup, it does exactly that so you can use it with Nikon's WMU (Wireless Mobile Utility) app. It's about ¥3,900 here.

Last edited:
Yup, it does exactly that so you can use it with Nikon's WMU (Wireless Mobile Utility) app. It's about ¥3,900 here.

Trying to see if can mod it to be used on D4 too. Saw the schematics, will get a friend to help. I'm not a circuit board person. Cheaper than WT-5 if it works.

damn...i'm sold.
was thinkin of gettin eye-fi cards etc yesterday.

ijnek said:
damn...i'm sold.
was thinkin of gettin eye-fi cards etc yesterday.

The WU-1b should be much better than Eye-Fi.

exactly...sounds n look easy to use too.
i dl the app on my note...now jus missin this adaptor...lol

exactly...sounds n look easy to use too.
i dl the app on my note...now jus missin this adaptor...lol

No stock in sg, am still waiting...

i found malaysia shashinki website has on stock at rm198.
i can get tat, abt sgd80...

I believe you will be able to purchase the WU-1b at the Nikon showroom @ S$89.

If they have stock, I don't mind making a trip down.

luna_sea83 said:

Mhhhh, it's about S$50 in Japan. Installed already the app, will try it with the dongle tomorrow.

ageha said:
The WU-1b should be much better than Eye-Fi.

Eye-fi will be a lot more flexible than WU-1b, but thts not for discussion here..:)