D600 or D700

Hi I'm a D700 user, any website i can read about D600/D700 high iso comparison?
Bought the D700 last 2year and I'm so happy with this amazing cam. Just like to check how "advance" the tech has evolved. =)

I heard it is here already... but don't quote me.. coz I may hear wrongly.

Haiz, today in a rush, left Funan after buying my flash, never check with the shops if it arrived. I think I will go walk one round next week, hopefully it's here :)

I'm going funan tomorrow, I can ask around :)

BTW anyone knows other than the iOS/Android phone method which needs the little gadget to control shutter wireless, is there any other devices that can release the shutter for D600?

I'm going funan tomorrow, I can ask around :)

BTW anyone knows other than the iOS/Android phone method which needs the little gadget to control shutter wireless, is there any other devices that can release the shutter for D600?

Haha I think I got an answer to this last week, yes there is but the setup will cost at least $1500....that's wifi + wireless remote control.

If you just want to release shutter for e.g taking self portrait, then just get the ML-L3 remote controller. Cost less than $20 only. I just used that a while ago after doing my haircut ;p

Haha I think I got an answer to this last week, yes there is but the setup will cost at least $1500....that's wifi + wireless remote control.

If you just want to release shutter for e.g taking self portrait, then just get the ML-L3 remote controller. Cost less than $20 only. I just used that a while ago after doing my haircut ;p

Yeah I don't need some crazy 100m or what satellite control thing, just something wireless for group and self and landscapes. If the ML-L3 is compatible with the D600 I shall get it tomorrow. Thanks for the info bro! :D

EDIT: my bad, saw the ML-L3 mentioned in the manual 8D

Last edited:
I was at John 3:16 today and a couple were asking me about the D600, D700 and D800. They didn't like the feel of the D600, and I told them that processing D800 images would take a long time if their computer was not fast enough.

They bough the D700. It's still perfectly fine for general-purpose photography, which was what they wanted.

kcchew said:
I was at John 3:16 today and a couple were asking me about the D600, D700 and D800. They didn't like the feel of the D600, and I told them that processing D800 images would take a long time if their computer was not fast enough.

They bough the D700. It's still perfectly fine for general-purpose photography, which was what they wanted.

just curious how much is the d700 selling now?

Haiz, today in a rush, left Funan after buying my flash, never check with the shops if it arrived. I think I will go walk one round next week, hopefully it's here :)

Sorry.. I was talking about JB.. i was just there buying a lens on thursday..

Pricing in Malaysia is holding quite steady.. Singapore is mostly out of stock..

Prices of D3s actually went up in Malaysia... more demand than supply. funny aye?

Pricing in Malaysia is holding quite steady.. Singapore is mostly out of stock..

Prices of D3s actually went up in Malaysia... more demand than supply. funny aye?

Depends on the type of photographers.. Maybe there are a lot of still and portrait photographers who doesn't need the D4 but sees the D3S as a good upgrade and thus the demand surge (since they'd expect the D3S price to drop with the launch of D4).

daredevil123 said:
One thing to note is that D600 is better than D700in high ISO shots, but only slightly better in my opinion.

At this point hard to tell accurately as adobe does not yet support raw for d600. But you can see the comparison on mansurovs.com site for jpg comparisons.

traderk said:
At this point hard to tell accurately as adobe does not yet support raw for d600. But you can see the comparison on mansurovs.com site for jpg comparisons.

I am really curious to see with some noise reduction etc for raw format at high ISO whether the final image will be noticeably different between the two..

trd2970 said:

I was quoted about 3k at Funan ground floor... Shop near side exit next to phone shop...

I was quoted about 3k at Funan ground floor... Shop near side exit next to phone shop...

Surprised .. should be much less.... maybe popular shops have stop taking in any stock

I just checked the D700 price 1 week ago at SLRR. It's ~$3K.

Techno gadget is selling gray brand new at about $2,500 I believe...

The egonomics of having D700 and D600 depends on how the user require, What is the basic requirement that you need D600 vs D700. D700 although its an 4 year old technology but it still serve alot of the photographers well, unless you require recording purpose camera.
It true that new technology has certain aspect over the older version, but Nikon has always design their camera system well, unlike ca*** each new camera develop will soon out phase the former one fast within a time rate of 1 year apart.
It will be wise to increase your lens and wait for a better model which nikon has in line over the D800/E.
Meanwhile happy shooting.

John Wayne said:
The egonomics of having D700 and D600 depends on how the user require, What is the basic requirement that you need D600 vs D700. D700 although its an 4 year old technology but it still serve alot of the photographers well, unless you require recording purpose camera.
It true that new technology has certain aspect over the older version, but Nikon has always design their camera system well, unlike ca*** each new camera develop will soon out phase the former one fast within a time rate of 1 year apart.
It will be wise to increase your lens and wait for a better model which nikon has in line over the D800/E.
Meanwhile happy shooting.

Erm...D800 just launched this year, so that means got to wait 4 more years already, which will make the D700 a 8 years old baby, just like the 5Dc in C camp. Nothing wrong with that, can still see many happy 5Dc users around.

If already have D700, maybe just wait a year lor, price of D800 n D600 sure will drop, then decide if wanna upgrade. Don't need to rush in now la. But frankly if you don't own the D700 now, with both D700 n D600 priced about same region, it's going to be a very very tough call. Personally I will go with the D600 if I don't have the D700 now.