D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

or1onz

Sep 16, 2011
Pasir Ris~~
Yo CSers, the more I read about D600, the more I read about the dust and oil spots.

I am trying to see the magnitude of this problem and so far how has NSC do about it, whether did we need to dig out pockets for those spots removal :(

my d7k got this problem.... I am sick and tired of worrying about it... I'll just leave it there for a while and let it accumulate probably around more than 5 then I will bring it to service center... if I i'll reach more than 3000 shots but the number of spots are still less than 5 then I'll bring it to service center.

Send back my D600 to NSC 2 times due to this. Each time I got to take leave to go there. Look like have to spend my leave visiting them often.

Where do the oil spots appear?

mind is something different. there's a spot on my viewfinder just above the AF bracket. but when i took a picture of the sky, using the clouds to contrast out the spot, the picture is fine and the spot isn't anywhere to be seen.

edit: just there's a spot on my sensor. just cleaned that dot away.

Last edited:
I thought I had oil spots, brought down to NSC ask them to check, end up is dust spots. They cleaned it up for me, no charge.

The spots appeared when I was shooting at F14, but I have to qualify the I have been changing lenses very frequently when using the camera the last 2 weeks. The camera is now spotless and I am a happy man :)

cichlid said:
Where do the oil spots appear?

Always at top left portion. This morning after Marcos section, still got the same spot at same top left portion. Try shooting at f20 & above, then the spot is more visible.

how come so lousy???
boycott nikon's product lah.
pro camera also got this type of problem.....wtf.
why poll? just don't buy lah

.....or throw the God damned thing at their face lah.

Every product, regardless whether pro or not, will sure have people experience problem. That includes Rolls Royce FYI, and it just occured locally not long ago. Tell me which camera you know in the market that never ever have complains from users at all?

Look at the poll above there are people who never experience that problem at all. I do experience dust but thats probably due to my frequent changing of lenses. I guess just have to watch out for it since Nikon have history of the problems occurring in other models in the past. And we users have most likely taken it into consideration before we made our purchases.

BTBFM2 said:
how come so lousy???
boycott nikon's product lah.
pro camera also got this type of problem.....wtf.
why poll? just don't buy lah

Btw the manner of your condemnation is uncalled for...

Every product, regardless whether pro or not, will sure have people experience problem. That includes Rolls Royce FYI, and it just occured locally not long ago. Tell me which camera you know in the market that never ever have complains from users at all?

Look at the poll above there are people who never experience that problem at all. I do experience dust but thats probably due to my frequent changing of lenses. I guess just have to watch out for it since Nikon have history of the problems occurring in other models in the past. And we users have most likely taken it into consideration before we made our purchases.

is there such problem or in fact any problems with their D4?

BTBFM2 said:
is there such problem or in fact any problems with their D4?

Google is your best friend :)

The oil spot is really depend the manufactured supply stock on mirror module and batch, mine D800 few click only and appear the oil spot already,
for my D600 even over 200 - 300 clicks that's clean..

Then condemn them all to death, I say.
Leaky problem, locked up and become unresponsive.....what nonsenses. You are paying $9k+ for all these shits?

Last edited:
Google is your best friend :)

Then condemn them all to death, I say.
Leaky problem, locked up and become unresponsive.....what nonsenses. You are paying $9k+ for all these shits?

Last edited:
BTBFM2 said:
Then condemn them all the death, I say.

The Rolls Royce I mentioned earlier cost $1.7m. $9k is not even near lol

The Rolls Royce I mentioned earlier cost $1.7m. $9k is not even near lol

Ya, agree. I guess we are all fools. LOL
it is sad. things are getting bad nowadays. Guess we can no longer put trust [thrust?] on such icons of quality?
shock to find out that some brand actually put a black electrical tape as a fix for a light leak problem. Sad......
may be we shall put THRUST instead. LOL

silence said:
So can our so call LEMON LAW be applicable for scenarios like this?

I guess lemon law is more aimed towards retailers, aka your friendly neighborhood stores. Manufacturers did not sell us the camera, they only advertise and tell u all the good things. Such as being a "master craftsman" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.