D60

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahtshun23

Oct 25, 2007
Clementi
Finally i bought D60 at comex.I'm still in a learning stage.

well i dont have a dry cabinet.Currently i place my camera inside Nikon bag in my room with air conditioner switch on at night....

i need all ur expert advice whether is it a MUST to place your camera & lens inside dry cabinet?

thanks..

Hi, congrats on getting a new camera... I am no expert here but if you are shooting often, then there is no need for a dry cabinet. At least in the short term. But as you expand your camera gear, there will be some things you will not use often, so ideally a dry box or cabinet will be nice to have considering the humdity in Singapore.

I do not really go taking photos every single week so i leave my camera in a dry cabinet. :p

Hope it helps! Happy shooting! :)

Cheers,

Gd for you. Did it come with Tamron lens/ Nikon lens? How much? Some have asked me to wait for
D90' s arrival.

My colleague has a D70 and had went to clean her lens/camera twice (due to fungi) and she puts them in the camera bag just like yours. Dry cabinet is not as ex as some ppl said. If it is going to save your expensive camera and lenses, it is well worth the money.

I guess if you're really tight at the moment, u can buy Thirsty Hippo first and then put it tgt with the dSLR at an airtight place. This can suffice for temporary purpose

Get a dry cabinet.... you'd love it when you realise it prevented fungus attacks on your expensive camera gear which you have saved up for....

Get a dry cabinet.... you'd love it when you realise it prevented fungus attacks on your expensive camera gear which you have saved up for....

But with just a D60 and its supporting cast of low-cost lenses i don't think its necessary :think:
You can get one once your lens collection increases (in both size and cost)

just my 2 cents :)

thank you for all your suggestions..i will take into consideration..currently i only have kit len & 55-200 nikkor len..

well,i went out shooting today..however,i found that sometimes when i set to either Auto or PSAM mode,i couldn't release the shutter button..

why?any advice...thanks

hi dancemania,

i got my set at comex...dual lens from nikon..

Check the settings. You may be in Autofocus S mode (Single servo AF)

This will not allow you to press the shutter UNTIL the in-focus indicator is displayed

Finally i bought D60 at comex.I'm still in a learning stage.

well i dont have a dry cabinet.Currently i place my camera inside Nikon bag in my room with air conditioner switch on at night....

i need all ur expert advice whether is it a MUST to place your camera & lens inside dry cabinet?

thanks..

Don't keep it in the bag when you're not using it. It's better if you just leave it on the study table. Still, I'd recommend getting a small drycabinet or drybox.

Some people need to wait for fungus to grow before they regret. Let them learn the hard way if they choose to. In SG's humid climate, it's not that hard to get fungus to grow. ;p

hey dude,
what the package price and offer u got at comex:)

thank you for all your suggestions..i will take into consideration..currently i only have kit len & 55-200 nikkor len..

well,i went out shooting today..however,i found that sometimes when i set to either Auto or PSAM mode,i couldn't release the shutter button..

why?any advice...thanks

hi dancemania,

i got my set at comex...dual lens from nikon..

I'm looking to get the D60 too. Probably soon...miss the Comex but think not too bad lah...can always checkout friendly neighbourhood shop :)

hi burben69

got mine at comex at SGD 1288 dual lenses.

i intend to get a book to read on D60.i have two books on mind..is it good?

1. Magic Lantern Guides: Nikon D60 (Magic Lantern Guides)
2. David Busch's Nikon D60 Guide to Digital SLR Photography (Paperback)

please comments..
thanks

just got my D60 dual lens kit from Comex yesterday as well.
$1288 with all the freebie offer in comex plus a german made UV filter.

am thinking of should get a dry box or not now?? :sweat:

hi burben69

got mine at comex at SGD 1288 dual lenses.

i intend to get a book to read on D60.i have two books on mind..is it good?

1. Magic Lantern Guides: Nikon D60 (Magic Lantern Guides)
2. David Busch's Nikon D60 Guide to Digital SLR Photography (Paperback)

please comments..
thanks

where can i get this 2 book? and how much?
any website can we visit t learn more abt D60?
I have gone thru the Nikon D60 lesson on the web...nothing much to learn leh....

just got my D60 dual lens kit from Comex yesterday as well.
$1288 with all the freebie offer in comex plus a german made UV filter.

am thinking of should get a dry box or not now?? :sweat:

Well, depends on how much u wanna risk it... or if you find that it's not costly to get new lenses to replace those damaged by fungus... :bsmilie:

where can i get this 2 book? and how much?
any website can we visit t learn more abt D60?
I have gone thru the Nikon D60 lesson on the web...nothing much to learn leh....

Go read the basics on the Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO first.

Then keep shooting and trying... u can't learn everything off a book, you'd need to have hands on practise

Well, depends on how much u wanna risk it... or if you find that it's not costly to get new lenses to replace those damaged by fungus... :bsmilie:

btw how much is a drybox in the market?
any good lobong where to get 1?
thanks!

Go read the basics on the Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO first.

Then keep shooting and trying... u can't learn everything off a book, you'd need to have hands on practise

I agreed with u, hands on is important.
have been reading all about Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO all over internet today....:bigeyes:

any good site to recommand?

Status
Not open for further replies.