D60 vs D70 Dilemma (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterfly

Sep 9, 2002
Visit site
Many thanks to those who have given me their wonderful advice in this thread => http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=72600

The latest update is my cousin agree to give me a further $100 discount. So now the offered price for his D60 is $1300.

Any more inputs from you guys? Would like to hear some positive comments abt getting D60 or going to CANON camp. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Personally, the price of $1300 is not attractive for me to consider the used D60.

Like others have mentioned, I will only consider when the offer is around $1K ... but in the end, I will lean against D70 more ... not becos of any Nikon/Canon affinity, but for such a "long term investment", I will tend to get something with the most recent technology ...

You pple must be kidding!! What makes all of you think a used D60 should be 1k??? I can confirm that D60 is a highly capable camera and only the new technology makes it look older, but it is still one of the best tools available for any amateur use.

I don't know how good is D70 but I know D60 is side by side with D100, if not better in image quality.

If I still have my D60, will definitely not let go at a ridiculous 1k price.

shutterfly said:
Many thanks to those who have given me their wonderful advice in this thread => http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=72600

The latest update is my cousin agree to give me a further $100 discount. So now the offered price for his D60 is $1300.

Any more inputs from you guys? Would like to hear some positive comments abt getting D60 or going to CANON camp. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

bro, think carefully... its a 1k investment. at $1300, i think still more worth it to get a new system - either D70 or 300D (no, i'm not promoting either one...). spend a bit more and get a new system with no so much headaches. if not in a hurry, wait for the PC show in jun. mebbe got good bargains.

just my $0.02... :)

tomshen said:
You pple must be kidding!! What makes all of you think a used D60 should be 1k??? I can confirm that D60 is a highly capable camera and only the new technology makes it look older, but it is still one of the best tools available for any amateur use.

I don't know how good is D70 but I know D60 is side by side with D100, if not better in image quality.

If I still have my D60, will definitely not let go at a ridiculous 1k price.

Bro, it's called market forces as well as "advancement in technology". HPs do get better and drop in prices too. Computers too. A 1-year old D100 cannot even sell for 1.7k. I sold my 1-year old prosumer for 50% of the price only. I'd reckon that it's better for people to keep their bodies for backup.

tomshen said:

Rather, it's 10D side by side with D100, quality wise, let's not go into it... :devil:

2100 said:
1-year old D100 cannot even sell for 1.7k. I sold my 1-year old prosumer for 50% of the price only. I'd reckon that it's better for people to keep their bodies for backup.

If you find one that's less than 1.7K... let me know :)

HOCL said:
Personally, the price of $1300 is not attractive for me to consider the used D60.

Like others have mentioned, I will only consider when the offer is around $1K ... but in the end, I will lean against D70 more ... not becos of any Nikon/Canon affinity, but for such a "long term investment", I will tend to get something with the most recent technology ...
$1.3K for a used D60 not an attractive price??? :bigeyes: pray inform all of us here when u DO manage 2 get a well-conditioned working set for $1K. :bsmilie: wat's the world coming to? :dunno:

nightwolf75 said:
bro, think carefully... its a 1k investment. at $1300, i think still more worth it to get a new system - either D70 or 300D (no, i'm not promoting either one...). spend a bit more and get a new system with no so much headaches. if not in a hurry, wait for the PC show in jun. mebbe got good bargains.

just my $0.02... :)
yo bro! no offence hor. but have used the D60 b4? i have NOT used the D70 or 300D b4 so i wun comment. but wat makes u think dat the D60 will cause a lotta headaches? ;)

espn said:
Rather, it's 10D side by side with D100, quality wise, let's not go into it... :devil:
actually the D60 & the 10D isn't dat much different u noe. save for some added features & DIGIC... :D

Anyway, back to the original post, the D60 and D70 only has a difference of D10, so anyhow choose one also can lar..

HAHA! I'm just kidding. Please don't take this post seriously hhaa

OzOn3 said:
Anyway, back to the original post, the D60 and D70 only has a difference of D10, so anyhow choose one also can lar..

:kok: u really need 2 stick 2 the topic. :bsmilie:

OzOn3 said:

lol!!!!!!!!! :bsmilie:

u took the words out of my mouth!! its quite tiring to keep comparing & wondering.

if its me, i'd go with the newer cam

espn said:
Actually I am sure a new one body you can definitely get for < 2k. I nearly got the 300D for 1.5 in Feb but waited for Nikon's offering, i reckon it has dropped to 1.4 or even lower. But these are export sets as they are gotten from my relative's lobang (he ships to Indonesia).

I thought Rapidmax was selling his D100 for 1.8 with extended 3 years warranty by Harvey?

Bro, i am not kidding you, i was PMing someone to lower his price coz a brand new Ultra II 512 is only 220 now (after prices dropped) but he told me i kee siao. :dunno: Or 4pcs of 2300 Sanyo is $15.... Thus i always get the impression that SGreans like to pay high prices?

Alright, i just searched cursory in the forums, TCW is selling new D100 at 1.95k with 1 year warranty. More wu hua lar. Maybe you could confirm yourself since TCW is so near your Spinelli meetup place.

lavenderlilz said:
lol!!!!!!!!! :bsmilie:

u took the words out of my mouth!! its quite tiring to keep comparing & wondering.

if its me, i'd go with the newer cam

Yeah. It is definitely tiring but I think it is neccessary to make careful decision since we are talking abt system and not just camera here. If I am comparing btw 2 cams of the same brand, then it is definitely an easier task.

The fact the D60 is a good camera is making the decision hard. What is the lifespan of a DSLR? I am not talking abt shutter failure here. Shutter replacement I think is rather cheap but not the other parts like the sensor.

Come to think of it, the fact is that nobody would want to pay too much for 2nd hand DSLR. Coz new ones are cheap these days and with warranty to go with it. Just pay a little more, you can even extend your warranty for another few years.

It is not that 2nd DSLR has no value, it is just that no one wants to buy it unless it is dirt cheap. I would advise everyone to stop dreaming of seliing their 2nd DSLR at high prices cos it just won't work. Come end of the year and next, with newer DSLR, 10D and D100 value will plunge. So how much do you think D60 is going to cost? Below $1000?

shutterfly why don't you help your cousin post a WTS D60 thread and see how many is willing to pay $1300 for it? If there is a big rush for it, then I'm proven wrong. Oh yes, remember to state how old the cam is. :)

2100 said:
Actually I am sure a new one body you can definitely get for < 2k. I nearly got the 300D for 1.5 in Feb but waited for Nikon's offering, i reckon it has dropped to 1.4 or even lower. But these are export sets as they are gotten from my relative's lobang (he ships to Indonesia).

I thought Rapidmax was selling his D100 for 1.8 with extended 3 years warranty by Harvey?

Bro, i am not kidding you, i was PMing someone to lower his price coz a brand new Ultra II 512 is only 220 now (after prices dropped) but he told me i kee siao. :dunno: Or 4pcs of 2300 Sanyo is $15.... Thus i always get the impression that SGreans like to pay high prices?

Alright, i just searched cursory in the forums, TCW is selling new D100 at 1.95k with 1 year warranty. More wu hua lar. Maybe you could confirm yourself since TCW is so near your Spinelli meetup place.

Dude, $2288 was the price Harvey Norman sold to clear the stocks. The RRP is still $2988. Also ask TCW, is the price for the D100 1950 warrantied by Nikon SG or by TCW. I know TCW is selling at 1950, I saw the sets there.

EOS500N said:
yo bro! no offence hor. but have used the D60 b4? i have NOT used the D70 or 300D b4 so i wun comment. but wat makes u think dat the D60 will cause a lotta headaches? ;)

hey, bro! long time no hear from u!

no lah! wat i meant was i rather spend a bit more and get a new set (which ever the model), and save me the headache of buying a lemon. damn leh chey bringing it in for servicing lah. but, dats my opinion only... :embrass:

espn said:
Dude, $2288 was the price Harvey Norman sold to clear the stocks. The RRP is still $2988. Also ask TCW, is the price for the D100 1950 warrantied by Nikon SG or by TCW. I know TCW is selling at 1950, I saw the sets there.

It's by TCW. Not sure about how TCW warranty works, maybe it means TCW repair first and if cannot they send it to Nikon. :bsmilie: No matter what, i will get a good working cam at the end of the day. Of course i'd prefer original warranty, i even read that it was 1.9k brand new with original Nikon warranty from our Nikon forum (u came across that thread too) but that's what i read so i cannot confirm fully.

RRP....i see some of Harvey Norman's prices are very happening, but someway or another people are still buying. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.