D60 vs 450D

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer this question is the reason why this thread was created. What merits the reason that I should purchase the D60? Nikon users have something to say?

exactly. the merits are in favour of you NOT buying the nikon but buying the canon. by virtue that your family uses canon. since you say that both cameras are comfortable to you then you already know your decision. =)

To answer this question is the reason why this thread was created. What merits the reason that I should purchase the D60? Nikon users have something to say?

as you can see quite a few nikon users is replying your thread but not advising you to go for nikon.
for nikon get a D80 if you really want to use primes so as to AF which is a lot faster than MF.
or you can still wait for the rumored D90 to come out maybe after june but you dont look like you can wait any longer.
D60 is MF with primes so you will need to depend a lot on the rangefinder.

you can save more $$$ for lens by sharing the same system among your family rather than save money just to buy AF-S/HSM/II-DI lens.
the more money you save = the closer you get to purchasing an L lens (top of the line) for canon lens and is not going to be cheap.
either camp you go to...the poison of the BBB virus is very tempting...so good luck in your choice.

To TS

Have you thot about what are the lens range you think u definitely get, but not available in AF-S?

450D have battery grip while D60 do not have a battery grip if I am correct. Battery grip gives you better balance when shooting vertically.

Previously Nikon has nicer colours but has problems with ISO while Canon has less vibrancy but better ISO control. Now Canon has improved the colour vibrancy in the new sensor which is found within 40D, 400D and 450D sensor. However, according to my developer, the D60 has nicer colours as compared to 40D, etc, etc. However, not sure whether Nikon has resolved the noise issue in D60. The D3 and D300 is good cause they resolved their noise issue.

However, according to my developer, the D60 has nicer colours as compared to 40D, etc, etc. However, not sure whether Nikon has resolved the noise issue in D60. The D3 and D300 is good cause they resolved their noise issue.

D60 uses the same sensor as the Sony A100. Very good colors.
D3 is a full-frame sensor with large photosites, excellent ISO performance.
D300 uses the Sony A700 sensor; good ISO performance, but not in D3 league.

if you are not already into photography, i.e. have used film SLRs, you are at liberty to go anyway, canon or nikon or pentax or olympus.
if you are thinking D60 has no built in motor, then maybe you should realize that Canon bodies never had any built in motor either. Canon bodies need motor in the lens. (that partly explains why generally Canon lenses are more expensive).
Since you are beginner and not sure how far you will be involved in photography, i.e. spend as little as possible first.
it does not matter which system you begin with.
And if you think you are serious and will travel down the learning path, you probably already know what you want. So you won't need help anyway.
Just follow your heart maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.