D60 or 400D

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for all comment finally last night i just buy 400D :D hehehe....lots feature that im not familiar with since SLR.

next will be the lens :p

Get used to the features 1st before considering future lens options ;)

yes you are right,now i still exploring the 50mm lens :) btw is there any feature that can do multiple shot on 1 frame?we can do that on old SLR.ive been reading th manual but cant find anything close to it?

yes you are right,now i still exploring the 50mm lens :) btw is there any feature that can do multiple shot on 1 frame?we can do that on old SLR.ive been reading th manual but cant find anything close to it?

multi exposure u mean? nope it cant.

but u can 'manually' do multi long exposure - use lens cap to cover :bsmilie:

Are u talking about doing multi-shots? It is there, you just need to work out your buttons and get used to it.

Anyway, in terms of lens, i propose you play around wif your kit lens and see what type of shots you usually take. There are many lens out there with wide range of prices but they are for different purpose. My take for 17-55 2.8 is due to the constant ap. and i take a number of shots in low light situation. Subsequently, i bought a 10-22 because I do much wide angle shots for landscape. But then, there are not that much landscape you would take in SG unless you are driving or you are constantly looking for travels. My most expensive lens is a 70-200 which unfortunately after a few months of purchase, I did not use it much. At the end, you can say I could had regretted my 70-200 purchase, but it's in my dry cabinet and I have no intent to sell.

My two cents worth is that even 55-250 made in msia has it own value and purpose and don't rush you lens until you have taken a number of shots, and is clear what you really want.

@Fragnatic
yes multi exposure,btw what do you meant by long exposure&use lens cap?bulp?

@jlhl1984
if multi shot that meant u will have 1 shot and 1 frame right :) what i want is multiple shot but 1 frame,i think i will go with macro lens and wide angle one...try to find on BS

@Fragnatic
yes multi exposure,btw what do you meant by long exposure&use lens cap?bulp?

like u use bulb mode at night, capture a scene for maybe 5 sec, cover the lens using the lens cap, then recompose and open the lens cap, let exposure continue until u release the shutter button. there, u've got a double long exposure shot ;)

ok sounds lame. but it works. tried a few times. haha :bsmilie:

like u use bulb mode at night, capture a scene for maybe 5 sec, cover the lens using the lens cap, then recompose and open the lens cap, let exposure continue until u release the shutter button. there, u've got a double long exposure shot ;)

ok sounds lame. but it works. tried a few times. haha :bsmilie:

hehehe you make me read your post carefully :bigeyes: until i can understand what you meant,ill give it a try then.

but we have to make a quick exposure after we close the cap yeah?or we work on dim light :think:

yeah, one thing Canon dSLRs lack is a built in multi-exposure function.. think Nikons have it right?

hehehe you make me read your post carefully :bigeyes: until i can understand what you meant,ill give it a try then.

but we have to make a quick exposure after we close the cap yeah?or we work on dim light :think:

can only work in dim light or dark areas lor... like night shoot, etc..
u cant possibly do a 1/60s exposure with ur hands do u? :bsmilie:
quickly cover the lens with the cap and after u close it u can take as long as u want since there isnt any light to affext the exposure.

can only work in dim light or dark areas lor... like night shoot, etc..
u cant possibly do a 1/60s exposure with ur hands do u? :bsmilie:
quickly cover the lens with the cap and after u close it u can take as long as u want since there isnt any light to affext the exposure.

he or maybe we can do something with the firmware :D

Canon always seems to be more value for money (feature for feature) but I spoke with several pros and they always recommend Nikon. Not sure if it is cult thing or for real reasons which as a newbie, I can't appreciate. I got the D60. Didn't even consider Canon. But I think the 450D has got active viewing which perhaps would be very useful. Since I can't wait for it to come in, didn't bother about it. Hope I don't regret my purchase.

well congrats, on your purchase. personally would have gone d60 simply because its more well built, nikons are always know to be well-built and thus going to last your longer ans survive the little bumps. plus the kit lens comes with a vr ability, whihc is great for those just starting out.

the only things that canon can shout about is their cmos sensor, which makes ugly bands by the way when iso is pushed (thus i rather take the noise) and this 9 point afs. which i dont think u will use anyway.

what come next is the "next step" which i dont think u would make. simply because if you were serious about this and thinking of upgrading you should not be even considering these 2 cameras at all and be looking at something like a d80 which eats the 400d for breakfast anyways.

well congrats, on your purchase. personally would have gone d60 simply because its more well built, nikons are always know to be well-built and thus going to last your longer ans survive the little bumps. plus the kit lens comes with a vr ability, whihc is great for those just starting out.

the only things that canon can shout about is their cmos sensor, which makes ugly bands by the way when iso is pushed (thus i rather take the noise) and this 9 point afs. which i dont think u will use anyway.

what come next is the "next step" which i dont think u would make. simply because if you were serious about this and thinking of upgrading you should not be even considering these 2 cameras at all and be looking at something like a d80 which eats the 400d for breakfast anyways.

bro u are not being very helpful to the ts .
everyone knw it always it the man that behind the camera,u shouldn't judge a camera by it look and built, even if the ts serious abt upgrading, canon still a better choice, the new old stock like 30D and the super duper cheap 2nd hand 20D can be had at the same or much lower price and yet much better performance than D80..

as for the VR i thought canon also have the IS lens??which i think almost the same usage right.well im not quite starting up just change cam from SLR

if we know that high iso will produce bad picture why we use it anyway :p

why do you said that i dont want to use the 9 points AF?how can you judge people like that?you dont even know me?

well every body have their own budget to spend,why in the world you tell me that i have to buy much more expensive cam?im not going to make money with this cam,why should i spend so much for things that i might not use :nono:

next time if you have comment like this better keep it to your self :rolleyes:

Another Nikon supporter:cheers:. Good to know the advantages since I have bought the D60. Was considering the D80 especially now that it comes with the 18-200mm VR lens. But it is very heavy (I'm a female btw), especially with the 18-200 lens. Think my shoulder will ache from carrying around the camera equipment when I travel. Think the D60 will meet my needs for a while.

didnt mean any offence ts. honestly. i think there has been a misunderstading with what i said. esp with my point on the d80. it s a little difficult to type it all out. after reading back what i wrote i think i "sound" kind of harsh. i didnt mean to.

but with regard to your iso point. i brought that up simply because this canon vs nikon thing has been going for sometime. and noise control is something that canon prides itself in. btw u will realise the importance of using high iso as u continue to shoot. high iso honestly helps.

Another Nikon supporter:cheers:. Good to know the advantages since I have bought the D60. Was considering the D80 especially now that it comes with the 18-200mm VR lens. But it is very heavy (I'm a female btw), especially with the 18-200 lens. Think my shoulder will ache from carrying around the camera equipment when I travel. Think the D60 will meet my needs for a while.

congrats. well, get a prime and never look back. why? its low on weight, sharp and fast. all u need to do is use your manual zoom, ie: your 2 legs. well after i got my 50mm dont think i will be investing in anymore zoom lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.