D60 in Singapore, WHEN???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
It will be my D-day: cash loaded, image tank ready, 2 lenses set up and 3 on the way, what else??? General, give me the date, I will SHOOT with glory.

:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Originally posted by tomshen
It will be my D-day: cash loaded, image tank ready, 2 lenses set up and 3 on the way, what else??? General, give me the date, I will SHOOT with glory.

Mai Tu liao !!!

buy.jpg

People in the North America are receiving their d60, where is mine:cry: :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by megaweb

have u order ?

Nupe, I am waiting for it in our local stores. Most likely get it from CP, John3:16 or AP. I am planning a trip in May, so hope to receive it no later than the end of April. Someone told me it will arrive in the middle of May, better not true:(

:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

wow.....wat are your lens choices? care to share? ;)

Originally posted by Red Dawn

wow.....wat are your lens choices? care to share? ;)
Hey Red Dawn, I am one of the big fans for your great pics posted in this forum;p

My lens choices here:
1. Sigma 20/1.8 (bought);
2. Canon 28-105/3.5-4.5 (together with EOS 30, anyone intested?I can sell it cheap);
3. Canon 50/1.8;
4. Canon 70-200/4L;
5. Sigma 105/2.8macro;
6. Canon 16-35/2.8L (not this time).

Once D60 comes, will get the the other 3 lenses as well. I considered Sigma 70-200/2.8 b4, but now more favorable to Canon 70-200/f4L due to size/weight which is important in travelling or streetshooting.

Last time I almost bought a Sigma 15-30/3.5-4.5, but after reading your post I got the faster prime (Sigma 20/1.8). Now I slightly prefer speed to convenience. Anyway, they all are good lenses so I won't go wrong with anyone.

I am becoming more and more addictive/crazy to this new hobby. It is scaring to see how fast my bank account is approaching red alert. Wondering how you hardcores survived, can share???:p

Tom,
Have you told CP or any of the camera shops to reserve for you when it comes in? ClubSNAPpers are quite well known in CP and AP, so maybe you should join us for a SEED and then put yourself on the pre-order list. That way, the store can call you when the D60 comes in.

Shouldn't be long now ;)

I am becoming more and more addictive/crazy to this new hobby. It is scaring to see how fast my bank account is approaching red alert. Wondering how you hardcores survived, can share???:p [/B]

For me, I've come to the point that I realised I need more time and opportunities to shoot to improve...getting more and better equipments do not equate to better pictures...believe me; since my last purchase in January, I managed to overcome the urge (for now) and to pass up chances to own a very good mamiya CF tripod, which has just been sold a week ago, getting a very good ballhead and a rare opportunity to buy a used EOS 1V which came @ a very good price...it'll be a constant struggle, no doubt...so help me God ;p

Originally posted by Darren
Tom,
Have you told CP or any of the camera shops to reserve for you when it comes in? ClubSNAPpers are quite well known in CP and AP, so maybe you should join us for a SEED and then put yourself on the pre-order list. That way, the store can call you when the D60 comes in.

Shouldn't be long now ;)
Thanks Darren, it's a great idea. So far I have no preference where to buy among CP, John3:16 or AP. I have visited John3:16 and told the old Sam I will buy a D60. Don't know whether will break his heart if I order from CP or AP:rolleyes: :dunno:

Anyway I will rush to the first batch, so place an order would help. Can I know when is your next SEED?

Mega-shoooooooooot:devil:

Originally posted by AdamGoi

For me, I've come to the point that I realised I need more time and opportunities to shoot to improve...getting more and better equipments do not equate to better pictures...believe me; since my last purchase in January, I managed to overcome the urge (for now) and to pass up chances to own a very good mamiya CF tripod, which has just been sold a week ago, getting a very good ballhead and a rare opportunity to buy a used EOS 1V which came @ a very good price...it'll be a constant struggle, no doubt...so help me God ;p
Agree. In fact I would have been satisfied with a D30 if not because it's dicontinued. For now it seems to me a digital SLR is the passport to be a SERIOUS photographer. Sounds funny?, but it's true coz I would hardly go back shoot negative film. Fortunately I am not completely mad, otherwise would have rob a bank to get the 1D:D

Agree. In fact I would have been satisfied with a D30 if not because it's dicontinued. For now it seems to me a digital SLR is the passport to be a SERIOUS photographer. Sounds funny?, but it's true coz I would hardly go back shoot negative film. Fortunately I am not completely mad, otherwise would have rob a bank to get the 1D:D

1D? Don't rob yet...EOS 1DS is coming ;)

how much is the D60 ??? CP taking order ??

Hey Red Dawn, I am one of the big fans for your great pics posted in this forum;p

My lens choices here:
2. Canon 28-105/3.5-4.5 (together with EOS 30, anyone intested?I can sell it cheap);
3. Canon 50/1.8;
4. Canon 70-200/4L;
5. Sigma 105/2.8macro;

Once D60 comes, will get the the other 3 lenses as well. I considered Sigma 70-200/2.8 b4, but now more favorable to Canon 70-200/f4L due to size/weight which is important in travelling or streetshooting.

Last time I almost bought a Sigma 15-30/3.5-4.5, but after reading your post I got the faster prime (Sigma 20/1.8). Now I slightly prefer speed to convenience. Anyway, they all are good lenses so I won't go wrong with anyone.

I am becoming more and more addictive/crazy to this new hobby. It is scaring to see how fast my bank account is approaching red alert. Wondering how you hardcores survived, can share???:p
I think the secret is to first shoot with what u have and then see what u really need. Blindly plunging into the frenzy of buying so many lenses at one go is not necessary the best thing to do...Get a lens, try it out...if u feel that u need another lens that can help u get better pics or expand your creativity, then go for it. Or else the lens will just end up in your drybox most of the time...not to mention if u were to bring out your entire arsenal which you stated above, your back or shoulders will break.

Spend your $$$ wisely...good lens can give you good pics but it is still the user which makes the most diff. Good luck!

Alamak, you must have not seen his SI-MA 20mm shots yet hor...:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Originally posted by Simon

Alamak, you must have not seen his SI-MA 20mm shots yet hor...:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:
Why? What happened? I have not...;p

thanks....the camera made me do it ;p

My lens choices here:
3. Canon 50/1.8;
4. Canon 70-200/4L;
5. Sigma 105/2.8macro;

how to survive? i have all my camera gear packed neatly in my gadget bag, ready to run for it at a moment's notice should the creditors come knocking :D

anyway it looks like u've got a nicely planned setup!
there's a second hand 70-200 f4L selling at Prime Camera now i think...u may want to check it out if u are looking to save some dough......

Originally posted by zapp!

Why? What happened? I have not...;p

hmmm... where is he hor... must be buzy hiding behind his computer "PROCESSING" the SI-MA 20mm shots again.....;p

Is it really that bad?? I tried a few shots at AP with that lens...pretty sharp and nice contrast...

Originally posted by zapp!
Is it really that bad?? I tried a few shots at AP with that lens...pretty sharp and nice contrast...

hahahah.... you really have no idea ...kekeekke .....;p

Status
Not open for further replies.