D60 in Singapore, WHEN???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Simon

Alamak, you must have not seen his SI-MA 20mm shots yet hor...:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

not happy izzit? :gbounce:

btw, i did a situational check on my equipment - my Sigma 20 f1.8 is now my MOST USED lens........

in fact, it has become my walkaround lens. it's on my camera 80% of the time, and solely responsible for 3 weddings so far :)

hahahah.... you really have no idea ...kekeekke .....;p

simon, dun mislead pple :devil:

the Sigma 20 f1.8 is sharp and contrasty, and gives the OEM's 20mm a run for their money with the fastest 20mm lens yet built.
though it may not focus as fast, it's very well built too! And it has a closer focusing distance than even the OEM's 20mm lenses :)

Focusing ok lah...of course cannot fight USM...
I think the Sigma gives a good run for the money...
no $$$ to get now...wanna change my wide angle lenses to all prime.

14mm and a 20mm should cut it.

Originally posted by Red Dawn

simon, dun mislead pple :devil:

the Sigma 20 f1.8 is sharp and contrasty, and gives the OEM's 20mm a run for their money with the fastest 20mm lens yet built.
though it may not focus as fast, it's very well built too!

hmmm... let me recall .... was it.... the SI_MA 20mm that have problem or.... your eyes.. ahahahahha..... this one must consult Ckiang then can liao.......:devil:

Originally posted by zapp!

Spend your $$$ wisely...good lens can give you good pics but it is still the user which makes the most diff. Good luck!
Thank u for your advice. I think I know exactly what I want after spending so much time studying and digesting all kinds of reviews and user info. The beautiful thing of joining a dedicated forum like this one is that I can learn very quickly through observing the photos taken by others. I know what effect I mostly desire. The only thing I lack of is the suitable equipment, like a DSLR and some good lenses and, of course, TIME.

Hey guys, i just bought a Canon AF Mount M42 Lens Adapter for Screw Mount today, gonna try it on a 500mm Mirror Lens soon.

This also give me an options of using some old Russian and Carl Zeiss Lens, but on Maunal focus....

there's a second hand 70-200 f4L selling at Prime Camera now i think...u may want to check it out if u are looking to save some dough......
Can I know where is Prime Camera pls?

Let me play the bad guy again...hee hee.:devil:

User reviews will always be reviews cos they own the lens, it might not apply to everyone...

Not every single photo here can be duplicated that easily...and TIME, now that u mentioned it...do a honest analysis of the amount of time u can spend on shooting...

Dun fall into the trap that good equipment = good pictures.
It CAN help you get better pics but in the end, it is much to yourself to push your equipment to the limit...to get the best out of it...

This article might a good read (i always read it when i need to remind myself...)
http://www.luminous-landscape.com./parable.htm

btw, i did a situational check on my equipment - my Sigma 20 f1.8 is now my MOST USED lens........

in fact, it has become my walkaround lens. it's on my camera 80% of the time, and solely responsible for 3 weddings so far :)
I am also very happy with this lens. You won't believe it, after being accustomed to its noisy focusing, I found something missing with the Canon USM lenses:D

Hi

Actually, i am a bit surprised too that a 20mm lens can be my most used lens. this should be virtually unheard of in the full frame 35mm film world. blame it on the D30's 1.6x FOV crop :p

a bit about my experience with it. it's the lens i put on when i'm responsible for covering an event of any sort - weddings, launches etc. it's the lens i use when going street shooting. it's the lens i use to add drama to any situation i encounter, and it's the only choice for going up close and personal with your subjects and mixing it up. the f1.8 makes the view finder even brighter and clearer (esp impt for D30) and makes handholding at lower ISOs a greater possibility.

if i ever find it limiting, it's not because of its optical properties (which are excellent). it would be the need to go even wider.
(a full frame sensor should solve that problem however)

it is also the only lens in my arsenal which can boast that it is responsible for capturing photojournalistically my highest profile subject yet - Mrs Goh Chok Tong in a certain event 4 days ago. (until i get the green light however, i can't post any photos yet. dun wanna get into trouble :eek:)

i must say i can't find a good enough reason to dump it for something else yet :)

errr.... u mean untill you sharpen all the photos and correct all the banning problems har ... then can post :rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Hey guys, i just bought a Canon AF Mount M42 Lens Adapter for Screw Mount today, gonna try it on a 500mm Mirror Lens soon.

This also give me an options of using some old Russian and Carl Zeiss Lens, but on Maunal focus....

wah really?

last yr Nick from camera workshop put his Leica lens on my D30 before with some kind of adapter - must be something similar to wat u bought.......u can't AF, and u can't do auto exposure, but the idea of using Leica lenses on the D30 does appeal a lot...

and oh, his Leica 50mm lens is sharp! and i think that lens was made in the 1960s or something - interesting blend of classic equipment and modern technology :)

Originally posted by zapp!
Let me play the bad guy again...hee hee.:devil:
hehe, I understand your point. thx again. Have you ever heard about HOBBY??? I am such a person trying hard to enjoy himself:embrass: It happens to me addicted to this hobby so no choice. From my former experience, I will throw a BIG passion on it. Whether or not can take good picture is secondary issue:D :D

wah really?

last yr Nick from camera workshop put his Leica lens on my D30 before with some kind of adapter - must be something similar to wat u bought.......u can't AF, and u can't do auto exposure, but the idea of using Leica lenses on the D30 does appeal a lot...

and oh, his Leica 50mm lens is sharp! and i think that lens was made in the 1960s or something - interesting blend of classic equipment and modern technology :)

This one can meter, only can't Auto Focus, got to Use MF

errr.... u mean untill you sharpen all the photos and correct all the banning problems har ... then can post :rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

duh! ;p

only the 1D will have banding :)

Originally posted by tomshen

hehe, I understand your point. thx again. Have you ever heard about HOBBY??? I am such a person trying hard to enjoy himself:embrass: It happens to me addicted to this hobby so no choice. From my former experience, I will throw a BIG passion on it. Whether or not can take good picture is secondary issue:D :D
But then again, if u got a few spare lenses I am sure I can always help you use them!!;p

Status
Not open for further replies.