D60 confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
*yawn*

It's a sad day when the most exciting SLR is from Sigma... :p

Originally posted by denizenx
accessory compat with D30... sigh meaning no price drop

wat do u mean? no price drop on D30 or D60?

D30s will definitely drop in price. They are no longer in production anymore. And there will be pple selling off their D30s in the inevitable upgrade exercise. so there's hope ;p

btw who wants a mint condition D30? selling cheap cheap :D

Would you want to upgrade? I would not for the time being...too ex and the feature set not much diff...

3 AF points, 1.6x multipier...sigh.

Originally posted by zapp!
Would you want to upgrade? I would not for the time being...too ex and the feature set not much diff...

3 AF points, 1.6x multipier...sigh.

I knew you were going to complain about the 3 AF points. :p

Originally posted by YSLee

I knew you were going to complain about the 3 AF points. :p

last time when police wear short , camera only have one point AF forcus. People also can take nice photos. ;)

Interestingly, DPreview says that there will be "improved low light AF"... so maybe they're not improving the general AF at all?

My concern is the upgrading part...not worth to upgrade at this point of time as not much feature set change...

I was kinda looking for a EOS3 type digi SLR...at least i dun have so much trouble shooting in low light sometimes.

For those of you who are wondering about the price of the D60, here's a sweetener... taken off the EOS Mailing List:

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:51:20 +0000
F rom: Robert Scott <robert.scott@eos-magazine.com>
Subject: RE: EOS D60 confirmed, apparently

>For me, I just purchased a D30 for about $1700. Since the camera's take some
>time to come out anyway, and I don't think this camera will be any cheaper
>then $3000, I might be able to recoupe some of the money that the camera
>will lose from the shoots I do. Says end of March.... It is very exciting.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I understand that the new EOS D60 camera
will sell for around the same price as the EOS D30. I have just uploaded
a detailed specification for the new camera to www.eos-magazine.com

Robert Scott
EOS magazine

Meaning it will be about 4.5k when it first hits Singapore...like the price i paid for mine...

Originally posted by zapp!
Meaning it will be about 4.5k when it first hits Singapore...like the price i paid for mine...
DO YOUTHINK IT'S WORTH THE JUMP FROM D30 TO D60 ???

Originally posted by Fundee

DO YOUTHINK IT'S WORTH THE JUMP FROM D30 TO D60 ???
IMHO, no. Not worth at this point of time. Guess I will stick to 3MP for the time being first. But for studio photographers, it is a diff ball game altogether. 6MP would generate excellent pics at A2 size I think. The potential for great portraits is there...

Originally posted by Jed
Interestingly, DPreview says that there will be "improved low light AF"... so maybe they're not improving the general AF at all?
Basically they are using the same AF module as the D30 only with increased sensitivity at low light from 0.5EV to 2EV. Also, the AF points light up...other wise, very much the same. Wait for further reports and reviews to come in...then we will know the truth.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
ISO 1000! No ISO 1600! (or is that a typo on Phil's site?)

That rules it out for me.

I was hoping maybe for ISO3200.

yeah...u didn't notice the first time round? that ISO 100-1000 jumped out at me the first time i scrolled through the specs :(

Status
Not open for further replies.