D5100 VS A65

weiz87

Jun 5, 2006
which will be the better camera??

What research have you done so far? What are your priorities? How do you feel about OVF vs. EVF? Have you held them and compared ergonomics? Do you need fast AF in live view? Do you need fast AF in video? Do you need fast FPS? Do you need in-built VR? etc etc etc.

Please show us that you have done at least some basic research before just anyhow posting here.

But, you're comparing an entry-level camera (D5100) to a feature-rich enthusiast model. Not exactly apples to apples.

Actually I find it pretty funny that many people had been asking which is better and which is not... rather than asking, is he/she a better photographer or not. Sorry for being too blunt... but it is just that I have seen way too many of this thread.

The basic thing here is not just online reviews... which many had already been making. But also the same questions that TS should ask himself,

1) Ergonomic of the camera
2) Weigh
3) features
4) budgets

And there... is no which camera is better... all do what they are designed to do... it is up to the photographer to define what he/she wanted. And after that... it is up to the photographer to make a picture works.

weiz87 said:

Why comparing a beginner nikon to a mid-high range Sony camera?

Isn't it weird?

U don't even know the features of these 2 models

thanks guys. bought my A65 already...

weiz87 said:
thanks guys. bought my A65 already...

Well done. Welcome to the club.

I assured that you have no regrets with Sony.

thank guys..

bbb virus refer to?

weiz87 said:
bbb virus refer to?

buy buy buy! see new lens, buy. see people gt better lens or flash, buy. hahaha

bbb virus refer to?

means Buy Buy Buy.

The urge to buy because you think you need a upgrade..especially without knowing what you actually need or you just feel like having it but you dont really need it. (its up to you to define..BBB)

I'm newbie.
I just brought my A65 last month before Christmas.
That day I brought a65 I was running few shop to try, test and comparing.
In the end I chose a65, because of the staff at the shop is very nice:bsmilie:

I'm not sure what you like.
most of the forum say that a65 also consider beginner camera
Nikon d5100 is lighter then a65, ( if plus lens, i think around 100g not big different )
D5100 is cheaper then a65.
24MP in ASP-C is too noisy.
Shutter sound nicer.

The reason I chose a65 because of the reason below:
1.I has a NEX 5 ( My sister is the owner )
2.I can go the officer website to see the price. ( but no money buy G len :bigeyes: )
3.The hand grab for a65 I very like.
4.I not sure I know how to use OVF or not.
5.Manual focus is more easy.
6.My sister like sony ( she pay half of the price )

true. haha.. looking at some old minolta lenses already... btw. how the old minolta lens compare to sony lenses now?

true. haha.. looking at some old minolta lenses already... btw. how the old minolta lens compare to sony lenses now?

Many old Minolta lenses are legendary for a good reason. Just remember that the MD lenses are full manual.

Many current Sony lenses are rebadged Minolta AF lenses.

So those Minolta AF lenses such as beercan is actuall Sony lens?