D5100 user...fall in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctm1968

Sep 1, 2008
D5100 user...fall in please
Thanks..

1. ctm1968 (27/04/2011)

so u finally chosen d5100 over d90...grats on your new toy...btw where u buy from...me maybe getting next week...

so u finally chosen d5100 over d90...grats on your new toy...btw where u buy from...me maybe getting next week...

Yes :) for that price and the feature..... D5100 win for me for now..... I may still go up for semi pro body in the near future :)

D5100 user please help to check. Nikon camera dslr in view photo mode, once you press cursor up or down button. It should display additional info such as shutter speed or diagram of photo. But I tested my friend camera it don't have this feature. But manual stated it should work. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

irvind said:
D5100 user please help to check. Nikon camera dslr in view photo mode, once you press cursor up or down button. It should display additional info such as shutter speed or diagram of photo. But I tested my friend camera it don't have this feature. But manual stated it should work. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

I think there are some advanced settings under playback that you will need to set to reveal those.

I hope any D5100 user can check and update here. Because I check user manual and never mentioned any additional setting. Just like usual nikon DSLR, press up during photo view mode then it will display. Mayb first batch firmware missed this feature? Or that shop.... fake set? :p

I hope any D5100 user can check and update here. Because I check user manual and never mentioned any additional setting. Just like usual nikon DSLR, press up during photo view mode then it will display. Mayb first batch firmware missed this feature? Or that shop.... fake set? :p

checked, you are right it does not show any addtional setting infor....:(
I also have auto focus issue when using my Temoron 18-270 lens.... can't seen to be able to auto focus, most shot turn out to be blur :(
No issue when using my other Nikon lens. Anyone experience the same here?

checked, you are right it does not show any addtional setting infor....:(
I also have auto focus issue when using my Temoron 18-270 lens.... can't seen to be able to auto focus, most shot turn out to be blur :(
No issue when using my other Nikon lens. Anyone experience the same here?

this is the usual compatibility issues of 3rd party lenses with newer bodies. u haf to go to tamron's service centre regarding this issue.

Addtional setting infor....problem solved!!
Go to Menu -> Playback Menu -> Playback display options and select what addtional infor u want to show :)
It should work now!!

this is the usual compatibility issues of 3rd party lenses with newer bodies. u haf to go to tamron's service centre regarding this issue.

Thanks for the infor! what will tamron do?
BTW, where is Tamron service center in S'pore? I got my lens from HK .... :(

Thanks for the infor! what will tamron do?
BTW, where is Tamron service center in S'pore? I got my lens from HK .... :(

not sure wad they will do, but i believe it's got to do with the cpu chip inside the lens which is used to communicate between the lens and the body.

There's a thread asking about the tamron serivce centre.
Tamron Service Centre

i just got my D5100 today.. yeah!!! finally decided it over D90 too

not sure wad they will do, but i believe it's got to do with the cpu chip inside the lens which is used to communicate between the lens and the body.

There's a thread asking about the tamron serivce centre.
Tamron Service Centre

Thanks!! I will check it out.
You planning to get D5100 ? or u already got it? :)

guys what kinda lens can i get for 5100 since its does not have erhhh dunno wat motoring??

guys what kinda lens can i get for 5100 since its does not have erhhh dunno wat motoring??

Welcome the the D5100 club :)
what lens to get depend on what you are shooting. D5100 do not have a motor (for auto focus) in the body, so that mean you can only use lens with motor (auto focus lens). Or you will have to shoot with 100% manual focus. I hope this explained :)

oh ok ok. tat mean any tamron or sigma lenses that have auto focus can be bought lor.. haha ok ok

Addtional setting infor....problem solved!!
Go to Menu -> Playback Menu -> Playback display options and select what addtional infor u want to show :)
It should work now!!

ctm1968. You mean just turn something On. Then can press cursor up to get all information like all nikon DSLR? Or turn on those setting and information display over photo like water mark during photo view mode? Will help my friend on this... Thanks alot.

ctm1968. You mean just turn something On. Then can press cursor up to get all information like all nikon DSLR? Or turn on those setting and information display over photo like water mark during photo view mode? Will help my friend on this... Thanks alot.

after you turn on the option, you can press up and down to show the addtional infor just like all other Nikon DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.