D5000 weather issue

Rc311

Oct 10, 2010
Hi all,

I'm thinking to bring my D5000 to US next month and would be visiting a skiing center. Wonder if the D5000 are already full weather sealed or what precautions I should be looking at?

Appreciate if any could help to answer my noobs question?

Thanks in advance.

Rc

Hi all,

I'm thinking to bring my D5000 to US next month and would be visiting a skiing center. Wonder if the D5000 are already full weather sealed or what precautions I should be looking at?

Appreciate if any could help to answer my noobs question?

Thanks in advance.

Rc

d5000 is definitely not weather sealed.

this thread has more info on how to take care of dslrs in cold weathers: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615253

Last edited:
My old D90 also not weather sealed. ANd I used it without any problems in -25 deg C weather.

Thanks for the input.

I'm concern about the internal mech when moving into a warmer to colder place and vice versa. Like condense or mist issue on the body as well as the lens.

Thanks for the input.

I'm concern about the internal mech when moving into a warmer to colder place and vice versa. Like condense or mist issue on the body as well as the lens.

Just not let it being exposed directly to extreme weather, from hot to very cold area.
Usually I wrap my camera/lens with thick cloth before putting into the camera bag, and there is no issue so far.

Thanks for the input.

You only need to worry about condensation when moving from a cold environment to a warm one. Just bring ziploc bags with you. Put the camera into a ziploc bag and seal it before you enter the warm environment.

You do not need to worry if you are moving from warm to cold.

Don't worry so much. Your camera is not made of toufu. If my D90 survive with no issue, so will your D5000.

You only need to worry about condensation when moving from a cold environment to a warm one. Just bring ziploc bags with you. Put the camera into a ziploc bag and seal it before you enter the warm environment.

You do not need to worry if you are moving from warm to cold.

Don't worry so much. Your camera is not made of toufu. If my D90 survive with no issue, so will your D5000.

Second that.
This is similar case when you get out from a taxi with a cold air-con to outside in the hot shiny day, usually you get condensation on your spectacles.