D50 festive bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

UandMe

Sep 18, 2005
www.flickriver.com
wat's the difference between the D50 Kit Festive bundle($1488 i think) and the $1288 package at various shops? the freebies seemed to be rather similar but the price difference is $200.:dunno:

nikon is always selling more ex at abt $200 than the outside shops...
its like tat and theere are no difference in the package..

Any links to the festive bundle info?

kcuf2 said:
nikon is always selling more ex at abt $200 than the outside shops...
its like tat and theere are no difference in the package..
It's not Nikon selling... they don't sell direct to end users/consumers, it's the shops and retailers representing Nikon selling.

huggable said:
If you read the PDF file details, the promotion ended on 2 Jan 06. Outside Hello shop, saw the booth when I was doing the xmas shopping last year.

I saw the paper cutting for the extension of the promotion. Seems like the same type of freebees - mainly 1G SD, Nikon Journalist bag, voucher for $199 for 55-200 lense, course for D50. not to sure abt the LCD screen protector though.

This extension ends month of Jan 06.

Cheers

newspaper says, by popular demand, this offer is extended to 31 Jan 2006...
harvey norman selling the same.. with 2 x 1G SD cards and others...

harry t said:
I saw the paper cutting for the extension of the promotion. Seems like the same type of freebees - mainly 1G SD, Nikon Journalist bag, voucher for $199 for 55-200 lense, course for D50. not to sure abt the LCD screen protector though.

This extension ends month of Jan 06.

Cheers
D50 don't have special LCD screen protector like D70s'. Simple reason, there is no latch to hold
the protector on D50. There are some third parties (not original Nikon one) LCD protector that stick to the LCD panel using something like double tape.

Regards,
Arto.

roger that. it is probably those like PDA screen protector. The D50 kit nikon promo with 1g SD & Journalist bag can be bought at around $1250 (ex GST) from Paris Silk or MS color.

Just saw a shop next to TCW-Peninsula (2-shops away) selling D50 at $1180 (CNY Special). Not sure if there is other freebies included.

Is there any high speed SD card similar to those Scandisk Ultra II card ?

Curious to know what would be the usual brand & speed of SD card shops would be givin with the D50 kit bundle. Think for the D70s kit the CF card is Lexar x80?

I believe the "official" D50 bundle does not include SD cards. Huggable got a Lexar 1GB (normal speed) FOC with the D50 tho'.

Ridicule said:
Curious to know what would be the usual brand & speed of SD card shops would be givin with the D50 kit bundle. Think for the D70s kit the CF card is Lexar x80?

huggable said:
I believe the "official" D50 bundle does not include SD cards. Huggable got a Lexar 1GB (normal speed) FOC with the D50 tho'.

Hi Huggable...thanks for the reply

I do carry D50 kit at $1280.Pls do a serach on my thread on consumer corner

Artosoft said:
D50 don't have special LCD screen protector like D70s'. Simple reason, there is no latch to hold
the protector on D50. There are some third parties (not original Nikon one) LCD protector that stick to the LCD panel using something like double tape.

Regards,
Arto.

Cathy Photo brought in Japan made LCD sticker protector specially for D50, 2 pieces - one for LCD, one for the control panel. Great! Have been using self-cut ones that scratches easily... S$19 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.