D50 camera bag, good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaXiong

Feb 17, 2006
Hi all,

Does anyone of u own the Nikon shoulder camera bag that comes free with the purchase of D50? How's the quality? Is it good? Any comments on it? User friendly? The material water resistance? How does the inner part looks like? how's the pad design?

Can any kind soul here post some pic of this bag? (inside is more important)

It looks nice to me. A bit Domke feel. haha.. me poor guy... no $ to buy Domke.;p Intend to buy it. :think: but never have chance to touch it. So not sure abt it's quality.

I have a Nikon shoulder bag that comes free with D70. Hmm... disappointed with it's design. Dun really like it's shape & quality. Hence, it collects dust in my house for more than 1 yr liao. haha..:bsmilie:

Thanks in advanced. ;)

DaXiong said:
Hi all,

Does anyone of u own the Nikon shoulder camera bag that comes free with the purchase of D50? How's the quality? Is it good? Any comments on it? User friendly? The material water resistance? How does the inner part looks like? how's the pad design?

Can any kind soul here post some pic of this bag? (inside is more important)

It looks nice to me. A bit Domke feel. haha.. me poor guy... no $ to buy Domke.;p Intend to buy it. :think: but never have chance to touch it. So not sure abt it's quality.

I have a Nikon shoulder bag that comes free with D70. Hmm... disappointed with it's design. Dun really like it's shape & quality. Hence, it collects dust in my house for more than 1 yr liao. haha..:bsmilie:

Thanks in advanced. ;)

its not bad. You can get it for about $30. At that kind of price, u dun get too scared of it getting dirty , torn, etc, so i am very happy about it. When i used my crumpler last time, i was so scared of getting it wet or putting it on the floor. Very lei jek.
Material is not as good as domke. The compartments are also very big. Best if u can home-make some separators and insert them in.

cosycatus said:
its not bad. You can get it for about $30. At that kind of price, u dun get too scared of it getting dirty , torn, etc, so i am very happy about it. When i used my crumpler last time, i was so scared of getting it wet or putting it on the floor. Very lei jek.
Material is not as good as domke. The compartments are also very big. Best if u can home-make some separators and insert them in.

haha.. that's my intention. a cheap bag to go out "Explore & adventure". hee...can put it anywhere. no worries... tear away the nikon words lagi best. look like an old school bag liao. haha... mind to post a pic inside the bag? really wonder how many compartments, pockets it has.... thanks...

The Nikon D50 bag is a fairly large camera bag with an exterior that looks exactly like the Domke F2 Original. In fact it is also of the same size as the Domke. It has two large front pouches and two side pouches for carrying lots of stuff. It also has a back pocket. Like the Domke, it comes with shoulder strap, shoulder pad and hand carry strap.

Looks pretty well made to me. The interior is divided into four large compartments, enough space to carry two bodies and some lenses. Come to think of it, I wonder why Nikon provides such a large bag for the D50 Kit. I have one that I have not used since I got it few weeks ago as I don't have that many things to put inside.

Cheesecake said:
becareful wth the plastic buckles.

they snap easily. mine did so and i replaced them with carabinas.

U mean the plastic buckles connected to the shoulder straps? So dangerous? 1 more silly question, what is carabinas huh? :dunno:

DaXiong said:
U mean the plastic buckles connected to the shoulder straps? So dangerous? 1 more silly question, what is carabinas huh? :dunno:

well, the plastic buckles snapped when i was walking one fine day and i was alert enough to haul the whole bag up before it kisses the floor. i took the liberty of cutting up the other buckle and attaching 2 carabinas to each end of the strap, aligning them to the bag and onto the strap. so far so good. its metal and i doubt it'll snap. ;p

hmmm...haf u serve in the army before?
or do rock climbing... etc.etc...

carabinas are those metal rings that has a release catch where u can hook things up to it la... used to use it every other day back in army daze.

ok... thanks... brother... wa... juz can't imagine if it kiss the floor.. hm... if i buy one, i think better chg the buckle be4 it fails. no NS ler. not singaporean mah.. ha ha.. :)

i tink the bag buckles now change to metal 1's already.. mine was metal but the plastic buckle was wif it too.. i tink the metal buckle was newly added on..
v happy wif dis bag.. no worries to put on floor (except wet floor or damn dirty de. ;p )

Status
Not open for further replies.