D400 spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndhonghai

Jul 5, 2011
Woodlands
- Sensor CMOS APS-C DX 24,2 Megapixel (23,2 x 15,4 mm)
- ISO 100 - 6.400, extend 50 and12.800 - 25.600
- CPU Expeed 3
- Metering: 3D Color Matrix Meter III
- Full magnesium alloy body weather shield
- New WB system
- Max shutter 1/8000 secs and 30 secs
- Shutter lag 0,012 sec
- Memory: CF and SD
- View finder 100% (0.94x)
- 8 frame/sec and 9 with grip
- Flash with Commander Mode and CLS compatible.
- AF system: Advanced Multi-CAM 3500DX with 51 points (15 cross-type points).
- AF Detection: max f/8 with 9 focus points (5 center and 2 at left and right).
- LCD 3,2 inch (921.000 pixel)
- Video Full HD 30 fr/sec
- Battery EN-EL15 (900 shots/1 charging)
- Weight 800 gram

PRICE: 1,799$USD

(From Mansurovs: http://mansurovs.com/nikon-d400-announcement-this-fall)

Last edited:
hmmm....a semi-pro DX?

Wow.. so cheap.. USD$1.799.. thats one dollar 799 cents..

What kind of shutter are they using that gives 12 ms shutter lag?

Jokes aside.. the D400 specs looks quite good.. and good to see Nikon moving the high-end camera's features into this. Guess this will replace the D300S as the next DX King!

so it's not a fullframe...

Just a rumor. Specs are not firmed yet. However we do expect an update on the DX pro body.

I wonder what is its competitor from Canon?
This is the next upgrade of D300s.follow Nikon business flow.

D400 has been stop for while and today we just pumper this thread and hoping the D300s will be replace by D400 and add new specs for higher ISO range between 50-12,800 @ DX 24mp.
The body size & weight would be slightly change from current D300s :)

Don't know if this will materialize though. Nikon DX seems to have 'run out of steam' since the release of D7000.
There will probably still be some demand for a high fps DX cam which is built to pro specs, but I suspect that demand may not be sufficient to justify this line. Would be a pity...

ZerocoolAstra said:
Don't know if this will materialize though. Nikon DX seems to have 'run out of steam' since the release of D7000.
There will probably still be some demand for a high fps DX cam which is built to pro specs, but I suspect that demand may not be sufficient to justify this line. Would be a pity...

Currently maybe run out on DX body.
Hope after the D600 and Nikon will be look into DX body upgrade again.

If Nikon only focus on high end user at the end, will be miss out lot of user and jump ship to the others brand.

Currently maybe run out on DX body.
Hope after the D600 and Nikon will be look into DX body upgrade again.

If Nikon only focus on high end user at the end, will be miss out lot of user and jump ship to the others brand.

The issue is that D600 looks to be the 'magnet' for D7000 upgraders to a more capable/serious camera. Once your divert this market segment towards FX, what is left for a pro-DX body.... hmmmm :think: I am not too sure. But of course I don't work at Nikon's marketing department, so only guessing! :)

I have the feeling Nikon would prefer people to buy a D800/E or eventually a higher MP model 2013 and use it in DX mode.

ageha said:
I have the feeling Nikon would prefer people to buy a D800/E or eventually a higher MP model 2013 and use it in DX mode.

You're right, but at the end who can afford that higher price?

Status
Not open for further replies.