D40 or D80

Status
Not open for further replies.

wing oscar

Dec 14, 2006
新加坡
sorry, i still cannot decide which 1 to buy... i have went to check the price of both nikon DSLR diff is ard $1k... i read & find out the spec's for both is almost same, juz D40 is 6.1 mega & D80 is 10.2 mega... i feel like abit greedy going for D80 but wif a high price...

i seriously need some advice, can anyone pls guide me...

sorry, i still cannot decide which 1 to buy... i have went to check the price of both nikon DSLR diff is ard $1k... i read & find out the spec's for both is almost same, juz D40 is 6.1 mega & D80 is 10.2 mega... i feel like abit greedy going for D80 but wif a high price...

you must be kidding if you say spec are almost the same...
d80 offer much better features than d40

6.1 or 10.2 mega,depend on how large you want to print your photo out.
for me,6.1 is enough to print out a A4 size photo.so!i will buy D40.
if use 10.2,can you print out poster size for every picture you like?:D

6.1 or 10.2 mega,depend on how large you want to print your photo out.
for me,6.1 is enough to print out a A4 size photo.so!i will buy D40.
if use 10.2,can you print out poster size for every picture you like?:D

10mp can crop more mah:bsmilie:

i went from a d100 to a d80, and all i can say is....big improvements for me! this is one good dslr!

What's your level at?

Just starting out and need to learn about apertures and shutter speeds?? I'd suggest the D40 then, go slow and figure the basics out.

But if you're already proficient in these and want a tool that'll give you more, go for the D80 or D200... make sure you have good lenses for these 2...

you must be kidding if you say spec are almost the same...
d80 offer much better features than d40

haha sorry... cos i still newbie... i apologize for say it almost the same...

cos i was thinking to if i buy it, i wun wanna to change it till mayb 5 - 10yrs later mah... cos it quite a ex thing to invest...

haha sorry... cos i still newbie... i apologize for say it almost the same...

cos i was thinking to if i buy it, i wun wanna to change it till mayb 5 - 10yrs later mah... cos it quite a ex thing to invest...

Well, I believe it may be more of a 4 yrs or so lifespan...

sorry can anyone pls tell me more abt it.. cos i serious got blur wif it, cos i read some other threat... some say D40, D50, D70 & D80... it really making me blur blur... :cry:

sorry can anyone pls tell me more abt it.. cos i serious got blur wif it, cos i read some other threat... some say D40, D50, D70 & D80... it really making me blur blur... :cry:

If this is the case, start slow with the D40... It's one of the cheapest DSLR kits around. Only limitation for this is that for AF to function, you'd need to use AF-S lenses.

Go read more on the different models and what you really need first.

thax you guys... mayb i go read & find out more of it... cos i tot asking is more faster to understand... :embrass: sorry abt all the trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.