D40 or a 2nd hand 300D

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammie

Jun 29, 2004
Tiong Bahru
Budget below 1k.

Mostly will be macro shot. Any suggestion?

don mean to be rude... just go get a prosumer camera. both camera don think can do wat u want at ur budget. someone pls correct me if i'm wrong. thanks.

Not likely you'll find anything that will fit your budget
The body 2nd hand alone will be 1k. Cheapest dedicated macro lens will be about $400 and up 2nd hand

You gotta be a little more realistic with your budget.

Not likely you'll find anything that will fit your budget
The body 2nd hand alone will be 1k. Cheapest dedicated macro lens will be about $400 and up 2nd hand

You gotta be a little more realistic with your budget.

2nd hand body 1K?

he is considering D40 and 300D (or maybe D50/D70), not a 20D or D80... :bsmilie:

Budget below 1k.

Mostly will be macro shot. Any suggestion?

Can!!!! 2nd hand 300d with kit lens - 600

Dedicated macro with broken AF - 300

Still got 100 for u to get a tripod...

i wouldnt touch the d40 even with a 6 foot pole. you need the pricey afs lens to autofocus thus most macros wont auto on it. if i were you, i would get the d70 if not, the 300d is still a good option but do be prepared to feel the need to upgrade soon. frankly, i think its a good idea to find the system you like be it canon or nikon, understand it then choose. remember, its cheap to upgrade the body, it will cost you much much more to change all your lenses later on if you want to switch.

if you really want to shoot macro, dont get the D70. ive got one and i'm having a painful time focusing because the viewfinder is too small.

How serious is your macro requirements?

D40 is just above 1k with kit lens. If you can live with some loss of resolution and edge softness, close-up lens is a good bet, at least for beginner.

Don't get prosumer camera... That's the end of the road. DSLR is the beginning of a journey.

Step at a time, slowwwwlyyy. Get body, learn something and move slowly.

As for small viewfinder advise, hard luck. All affordable DSLR have small viewfinder.

Better bet is to get second hand D50/D70 to avoid limiting to AFS lens. First try macro mode on your kit lens if you buy one, then try close up lens, beg or borrow from friends. Then go for dedicated macro if they don't work well enough for you. Buy second hand...

There is also extension tubes, apochromatic closeup lens you can try.

How serious is your macro requirements?

D40 is just above 1k with kit lens. If you can live with some loss of resolution and edge softness, close-up lens is a good bet, at least for beginner.

Don't get prosumer camera... That's the end of the road. DSLR is the beginning of a journey.

Step at a time, slowwwwlyyy. Get body, learn something and move slowly.

As for small viewfinder advise, hard luck. All affordable DSLR have small viewfinder.

Better bet is to get second hand D50/D70 to avoid limiting to AFS lens. First try macro mode on your kit lens if you buy one, then try close up lens, beg or borrow from friends. Then go for dedicated macro if they don't work well enough for you. Buy second hand...

There is also extension tubes, apochromatic closeup lens you can try.

I consider the D80 an affordable DSLR with an insanely large viewfinder :D

I consider the D80 an affordable DSLR with an insanely large viewfinder :D

get a prosumer if you want marco shoot (COz got live view) and below 1K... most of the master of insects uses compact or prosumer like stevenwhy and Tchuanye and more. If you want to shoot with Dslr, you will have to spend alot. prosumer + raynox dcr250 with slave diffused flash can give you stunning results.

get a prosumer if you want marco shoot (COz got live view) and below 1K... most of the master of insects uses compact or prosumer like stevenwhy and Tchuanye and more. If you want to shoot with Dslr, you will have to spend alot. prosumer + raynox dcr250 with slave diffused flash can give you stunning results.

u are so correct! ;)

To add on, i just bought a Sigma 105mm for $700 for my E-500 and that didnt perform better with my Canon S3 + raynox (CMA-3000) combo when i take insects. Somemore prosumer now have either good ISO handling Or IS/VR that allow you to shoot at fast speed to reduce blur (Fuji) or 1/60 with minimum handshake (Pana/canon/oly). These are important in Marco Shoot. The delicated marco lens can buy a prosumer already.

Status
Not open for further replies.