D40 newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSM is what...haha..i am really a newbie :X

different lenses are good for different types of photography right..

haha don't worry! I'm a newbie too =)

For D40, only Nikon AFS lens and Sigma HSM lens can autofocus. The rest of the lenses, you will have to manual focus, which is a total bitch sometimes.

For the lenses, you have to slowly discover what you like to take.

If you discover you are always taking buildings, nature scenary and always at 18mm to take photos, you may need a wide-angle lens. (Nikon 12-24 4f or Sigma 10-20 HSM)

If you discover you are always zooming in to the max to take people, evens etc. you may need a good telezoom lens (Nikon 70-300VR)

If you discover you are always taking events and sports, you may need a good telezoom lens with 2.8f so that it's fast without flashing (Nikon 70-200 2.8VR, Sigma 70-200 2.8 HSM)

If you discover you are always taking subjects, objects, portrait etc at 50mm or 30mm, you may need a fix prime lens (Sigma 30mm 1.4f HSM)

Lastly, if you discover you struck Toto on thursday or monday, then you just buy all the best lenses you can find =)

haha don't worry! I'm a newbie too =)

For D40, only Nikon AFS lens and Sigma HSM lens can autofocus. The rest of the lenses, you will have to manual focus, which is a total bitch sometimes.

For the lenses, you have to slowly discover what you like to take.

If you discover you are always taking buildings, nature scenary and always at 18mm to take photos, you may need a wide-angle lens. (Nikon 12-24 4f or Sigma 10-20 HSM)

If you discover you are always zooming in to the max to take people, evens etc. you may need a good telezoom lens (Nikon 70-300VR)

If you discover you are always taking events and sports, you may need a good telezoom lens with 2.8f so that it's fast without flashing (Nikon 70-200 2.8VR, Sigma 70-200 2.8 HSM)

If you discover you are always taking subjects, objects, portrait etc at 50mm or 30mm, you may need a fix prime lens (Sigma 30mm 1.4f HSM)

Lastly, if you discover you struck Toto on thursday or monday, then you just buy all the best lenses you can find =)

hehe. thats pretty cool if i really strike. no buy no chance.

autofocus...so when you want to af that time press the shutter halfway down right.

between would like to know, the flash is when you press the shutter then it comes up but its due to the surrounding lightings i guess. sometimes i really want the built in flash to pop up, but it just doesnt. so what do i do to activate the flash in this case, or how should i go about doing the alternatives by changing the settings

hehe. thats pretty cool if i really strike. no buy no chance.

autofocus...so when you want to af that time press the shutter halfway down right.

between would like to know, the flash is when you press the shutter then it comes up but its due to the surrounding lightings i guess. sometimes i really want the built in flash to pop up, but it just doesnt. so what do i do to activate the flash in this case, or how should i go about doing the alternatives by changing the settings

Press the flash button by the left side of the camera, near the lens area.

This will activate the flash when you are in P, S, A, M Mode

For the rest, the flash will pop up when it's neccessary

Cheers and have fun snapping!

Status
Not open for further replies.