D4 when and how much?

D800X

Mar 6, 2012
Guys,

Any idea if the D4 is it here in Singapore?
And how much is the selling pricing?

6k ??

I doubt... more likely to be close to 8K.

Malaysia side is selling at RM20,888.00 (SGD8600). Singapore will definitely be higher then Malaysia.
US is selling at US$$5,999.85 (SGD7550) and this is excluding tax and import licensing which will probably be abother SGD1300.

teojcb said:
Malaysia side is selling at RM20,888.00 (SGD8600). Singapore will definitely be higher then Malaysia.
US is selling at US$$5,999.85 (SGD7550) and this is excluding tax and import licensing which will probably be abother SGD1300.

At this price point, it's time to invoke the "it's the photographer, not the equipment that matters" argument, as some who would say that they shoot better photographs with their phones than some of those rich kids with their D4 like her:

http://www.redflava.com/2012/kgirls/yui-nikon-digital/

Last edited:
teojcb said:

Is that SRP? Malaysia has D4 on sale already?

got word from tk that they're expecting the shipment this coming week or first week of april. lets hope for the best.

Should be the same release date as the D800.

They already started shipping D4 in KL.. But limited units to dealers so unless u book them with respective dealers when it was first launch chances are that got to wait till next week or so. The selling price RM19,500

I am also waiting for the D4 for long time already. Yesterday was contacted by my usual seller and he said stock is coming this week but the selling price was $9,500. He suggested to just wait until next batch come to Singapore.

I am also waiting for the D4 for long time already. Yesterday was contacted by my usual seller and he said stock is coming this week but the selling price was $9,500. He suggested to just wait until next batch come to Singapore.

wow! price so high!

Price confirmed by Alan Photo SG $9700 with GST

Wow. Not a small sum.

Why is everyone so keen on the D4? To me it honestly is not ground breaking. It's like a one up from a D3s and in terms of ISO performance the D3s performs very well and holds it ground against the D4. 9k for a D4? If your argument is get a D4 for its video capability, then your just making an excuse to buy a D4. Because I believe you can get your hands on a much better dedicated HD Cam.

Blur Shadow said:
Wow. Not a small sum.

Considering that the only camera ranked above it in the DXOmarks costs US$44,000, it is cheap, no?

screambitch said:
Why is everyone so keen on the D4? To me it honestly is not ground breaking. It's like a one up from a D3s and in terms of ISO performance the D3s performs very well and holds it ground against the D4.

Those who don't own a D3s lor.