D4 Buyers... a $600-800 price drop is coming !! :)

Dfive

Nov 20, 2008
Singapore lah....
www.clubsnap.com
D4 Buyers... a SGD $600-800 price drop is coming !! Possibly :)

Some Dealers in Australia are now selling them at AUD $6,250 ( normal is AUD $6,850 ! ) this is a huge saving :bigeyes:.... when will it come here ???

God only knows...... :dunno: keep your wallets close and wait if you can !!

I hope its not just a currency adjustment and we get the same here in SG. !!

Last edited:
D4 Buyers... a SGD $600-800 price drop is coming !! Possibly :)

Some Dealers in Australia are now selling them at AUD $6,250 ( normal is AUD $6,850 ! ) this is a huge saving :bigeyes:.... when will it come here ???

God only knows...... :dunno: keep your wallets close and wait if you can !!

I hope its not just a currency adjustment and we get the same here in SG. !!

Better still if D4s is coming out!

(Just dreaming of course)

In abated breathe ...

Waiting for D6.

I've read somewhere there is a global price drop on all Nikon bodies, from entry to pro.

no need announcement...if u see b&s...D800 already selling $2900...in no time it will be $2.5k...then $1.8 to 2k by 2014.

no need announcement...if u see b&s...D800 already selling $2900...in no time it will be $2.5k...then $1.8 to 2k by 2014.

Don't think it will drop so low unless a replacement model is released... based on your projection, will it reach 500 by 2016?

any news of price drop for D800/E ??

any news of price drop for D800/E ??

Yes :) - In Australia dealers are starting to drop them by SGD equiv of $150-180 for the D800. Better than none !

( Again either a price drop or currency fix... ? ) I hope it's a price drop...... ;)

What are SG dealers selling them for at the moment ???

Last edited:
About 5 to 6 years after its introduction, the D700 is selling for about $1500 to $1800 in the used market. Judging from that, price of D800 will not likely to fall to that point by 2014. It will still be a current model.

Waiting for D4S with dual XQD slots.

Yup..... but announce next year - early... along with a D400 24mpix announcement. ;)

Having 2 diff types of slots was an utter joke ( the reason I not buy actually!! )

D400, hmm that would be DX? I think they're reserving the numbering convention as thousands for DX and hundreds for FX and single digits for pro bodies.

The two types of slots are still livable, but would pretty much have preferred Nikon not jump the gun, they should at least start converting their lower end cameras into XQD, and prep probably D5 for dual XQD instead of partial.

That said, the D4 is still a nice beast, I haven't really regretted getting it, just a wish for an option to upgrade both slots to either CF or XQD would be good.

But just don't know where is the direction of the XQD format memory card ?

Now only Sony is manufacturing it.

Lexar is also manufacturing it but there isnt any for sale yet although the product is already listed on their website

But just don't know where is the direction of the XQD format memory card ?

Now only Sony is manufacturing it.