D300 'sticky' mirror

Event_Horizon

Jan 6, 2003
Visit site
I know it is an ancient camera and the sticky shutter/mirror issue has been discussed before.

However I think mine is a little different.
Without lens attached, the camera will happily fire away till the buffer fills up and continue.
The moment I shoot with a (any) lens, the mirror will get stuck in the up position and pressing the DOF button will sometimes release the mirror. The shot still gets recorded though.
Remove the lens and the shutter/mirror will fire away normally again.

Any idea what is going on? Worthwhile to get it fixed?

Thanks

I know it is an ancient camera and the sticky shutter/mirror issue has been discussed before.

However I think mine is a little different.
Without lens attached, the camera will happily fire away till the buffer fills up and continue.
The moment I shoot with a (any) lens, the mirror will get stuck in the up position and pressing the DOF button will sometimes release the mirror. The shot still gets recorded though.
Remove the lens and the shutter/mirror will fire away normally again.

Any idea what is going on? Worthwhile to get it fixed?

Thanks

Time to replace with D750. :D

I think this might be a mechanical issue related to a lever IIRC. Why not take it to someone to get it looked at? Bro fatigue here is very good with nikon bodies.

I think this might be a mechanical issue related to a lever IIRC. Why not take it to someone to get it looked at? Bro fatigue here is very good with nikon bodies.

Where is bro fatigue? Does he have a shop?