d300 or 40d ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyjacky

Feb 18, 2009
i want to buy on camera d300 or 40d, which one is better?

this is a nikon vs canon question, which is better really depends on you yourself ...

go and try and feel both of them from shops or showroom. you can get a better grasp of the feel, the weight, the menu and buttons etc. and from there decide which best suits you.

Better in terms of ?

Here is a quick review that i googled. But the bottom line is both are great competent cameras, the D300 being newer than the 40D.

Try the handling before you determine.

Ryan

And most importantly... TRY A SEARCH. This question has been asked MANY times before, and the answers have been exhausted to death.

its like asking which is a better car? the merc s class or the porche gt 3. They are both brilliant cars. It depends on your yard stick by which you judge them

why you all bother to answer?
See the first 4 letters of the TS' nickname?? ;)

why you all bother to answer?
See the first 4 letters of the TS' nickname?? ;)

what? omg that would mean that we also have a giant, and what about the CSer who posted before you, thats 'not cool', Mr Zerocool ;p

actually tis question come out alot alot time already
canon user will say canon gd while nikon say nikon gd
onli way to know is do research on both camera and go courts try out the handling and the button of the camera

If you brain is totally empty about choosing which brand, you may think about following points:
- Camera handling and weight.
- Lens you are going to buy, and budget. Canon can get cheaper f2.8 lens and has more variety.
- Picture Colour.
- Sensor MP.
- LCD resolution.

If you ask me which camera? I will pick D300, because i am from the dark side. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: OMG... another thread of canon v nikon?

all depends on your needs and requirements... each has their own pros and cons
Canon is good
Nikon is equally good

as a Nikon user, i am incline for Nikon for one major factor... the design of the body (ergonomics), being the user behind the camera body, i choose to hold onto something i am comfortable of holding, bear that in mind... user control the body, and not let the body control over you being the user

:bsmilie:
as a Nikon user, i am incline for Nikon for one major factor... the design of the body (ergonomics), being the user behind the camera body, i choose to hold onto something i am comfortable of holding, bear that in mind... user control the body, and not let the body control over you being the user

Agree on your point. I will never become "whiteman" if Canon continue refuse to put that on/off button to the top side like Nikon. :bsmilie:

any capable photographer can do with either nikon or canon.

but a good photographer needs friends/kakis - best to get what your friends/relatives are shooting so that you can share lens/experiences.

dear TS: go to the shop and try both cameras, see which one you prefer after trying them out...
if you do not want the pressure from the salesman, then go to nikon and canon showroom and try them...they are more patient and you can review the pics at home first before deciding. only you can decide which you prefer, afterall, you are using it, not anyone else.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.