D2H or S3Pro -- Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty204

Oct 6, 2004
Tanjong Rhu
With the latest price of the D2H (US and Japan) , it is almost the same price range as the S3 pro.

For an all-around use , which one would be a better buy?

yqt said:
espn
Care to explain why?

read his sig! :bsmilie:

nasty204 - why not wait for the detailed review of s3pro to come out first b4 deciding? anyway, d2h will be replaced by d2x soon. so, guess its worth the trouble to hang in there first b4 deciding.

i vote for d2h...

Nasty204 said:
With the latest price of the D2H (US and Japan) , it is almost the same price range as the S3 pro.

Both are equally good.
Difficult to decide.
Just follow your heart if you already have something in mind.

For me, I will go for D2h.
Why ? All Nikon Policy, I will use all Nikon product.

nightwolf75 said:
read his sig! :bsmilie:
QUOTE]
Yeah, I know. But espn is very good with his advise I was hoping to hear some technical compare between the 2.

espn, how? can help or not? After that you can tell us your famous 3 words
B**, B**, B** in big red fonts :bsmilie:

Hopefully I can wait long enough before my misuss cancels the approval to buy

D2H win hands down! :thumbsup:

My S2Pro has been sitting in my dry cabi ever since I got a D2H..... :bsmilie:

:thumbsup:

PS: D2X is not gonna replace the D2H mah :dunno: ... They are 2 different cams... Unless the D3H is coming up lar... :think: Thought the D2X is to replce the D1X....

nightwolf74:Yeah, I know. But espn is very good with his advise I was hoping to hear some technical compare between the 2.

espn: how? can help or not? After that you can tell us your famous 3 words
B**, B**, B** in big red fonts :bsmilie:[/QUOTE]

Simple... one uses a Cam2000 module, the other uses a Cam900 module, D2H can do wireless FTP to a server as you shoot. D2H has CLS, i-TTL.

S3 Pro? I won't know but if it's a pro body I'd sure hate to use a F80 metering/AF module on it. :)

LBCAST vs Super CCD? Hehe.

arttl said:
D2H win hands down! :thumbsup:

My S2Pro has been sitting in my dry cabi ever since I got a D2H..... :bsmilie:

:thumbsup:

PS: D2X is not gonna replace the D2H mah :dunno: ... They are 2 different cams... Unless the D3H is coming up lar... :think: Thought the D2X is to replce the D1X....

D2H's tracking is meant for fast action, D2X is more of an all rounded camera la, of course it won't be replaced. If it was to be replaced, then long ago release D2X liao lor.

Nasty204 said:

I vote for D2H. ;)

singscott said:
S3 pro. Two word " BIG CCD". I have seen S2 pro picture go to 2m x 1m.
Willyfoo has gone beyond that on a D2H of 4MP. *cough cough*

depends on wat u are using the cam for.....

d2h is better for all rounded use...but if u are talking about dynamic range and colours s3 is the way to go....

cheers..

What sort of dymanic range and colors? Can elaborate?

espn said:
What sort of dymanic range and colors? Can elaborate?
the kind of dynamic range and colors that made me sell my D70 and lug 30 AA batteries around with me everyday...

Status
Not open for further replies.