D2H on cam LCD display is soft, it is only mine or all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niccon

Mar 9, 2004
Can any owner verify?

Mine is ok. Color balance slight off that's all.

Mine is ok. Color balance slight off that's all.

Ya, colour is off probably is the more appropriate word to use. It gives the image on LCD a soft impression. Thanks.

not that bad. still good enough to tell whether your shot is off or not in a single glance.

not that bad. still good enough to tell whether your shot is off or not in a single glance.

But the buyer said he needs the lcd to see sharpness n colour of the photos he has taken so cant use this cam if the display is a bit soft or off colour.

so next time, tell the buyer to wait for a camera from nikon that has a DVI or analogue output into a lcd monitor lor.

not all cameras are made flawless.

colour off balance are rather common with an ageing screen.

but oh wells...mine, the colour also abit running off, but i can still live with it.

But the buyer said he needs the lcd to see sharpness n colour of the photos he has taken so cant use this cam if the display is a bit soft or off colour.

eh... since when is any LCD on any camera ever accurate- regardless the size of the LCDs? most of the time, it's adequet to check for exposure (via histogram), dats abt it, IMO. sharpness - unless ur pic is really really OOF, most of the time i will only know if it's 'critically' sharp on my PC's LCD.

if ur potential buyer needs to check sharpness and watnots... he/she shld be shooting tethered.... :think:

if ur potential buyer needs to check sharpness and watnots... he/she shld be shooting tethered.... :think:

thats when the wireless transmitter comes into play... hahahaha.. :bsmilie:

Can any owner verify?

Donno what you really mean by "...display is soft...". I can definitely check the sharpness of the shot by looking at the LCD (but got to zoom in of course). But I don't depend on the LCD for colour correctness. I find that even if it looks crappy on the D2H LCD, when I get it to the PC is usually look tons better.

eh... since when is any LCD on any camera ever accurate- regardless the size of the LCDs? most of the time, it's adequet to check for exposure (via histogram), dats abt it, IMO. sharpness - unless ur pic is really really OOF, most of the time i will only know if it's 'critically' sharp on my PC's LCD.

think, different photographer has different preference n needs. myself only use LCD for viewing histogram most of the time so i was a bit lost when he required LCD to see sharpness n colour for his shot.

anyway glad that my LCD is normal.

Can any owner verify?

Sorry for asking such a stupid question.. Did you tear away the original plastic protector film sheet before using?

what do you mean by soft? maybe its the lcd resolution itself, mine is fine but not as sharp as compared to newer dslr such as d2xs/d200/d80 :)

Sorry for asking such a stupid question.. Did you tear away the original plastic protector film sheet before using?

Just LCD only.

what do you mean by soft? maybe its the lcd resolution itself, mine is fine but not as sharp as compared to newer dslr such as d2xs/d200/d80 :)

Ya, not as great as these cam. Colour is dull.

Good enough to ascertain sharpness. And very accurate at that. My d200 gives a false impression of sharpness at first glance IMO. :) And yes, the LCD can appear soft and lack contrast.

Niccon, saw your posting on b&s which probably resulted in this thread. Another thing I remembered is I switched from PAL video mode to NTSC and it improved the flickering a little, and might also improve the perception of sharpness. But I agree with most posts here that you should just use the LCD as a rough guide, not to compare it with your monitor. However, zooming the picture will give you an idea whether the picture is in focus, or camera shake is affecting it.

I used da'Protector. Gives the LCD better clarity compared to the detachable cover.

Can it be due to:-

D2H - 2.5 " TFT LCD - 211,000 pixels
D2Hs - 2.5" TFT - 232,000 pixels - Flicker free
D80/200 - 2.5"TFT - 230,000 pixels
D2X/D2Xs - 2.5" TFT LCD - 235,000 pixels

???

Comparing to my friends' D200, the image looks softer.

Ever make enquiry on changing the LCD on my D2H to D2Hs or D2X type (>232,000 pixels)but NSC said cannot be done??? :think: :dunno:

Picture taken with same lens, same settings? The specs itself already showed the LCDs are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.