D200

Status
Not open for further replies.

vfoongsk

Jun 10, 2004
I tested my D200 on Sunday and took a few shots which are really superior to those taken by my D70s. As I was taking in Raw + Jpec fine, I changed to another CF card after the first is finished in a very short time.

What supprised me was that the numbers in both CF cards starts from DSC 001 Nef and therefore makes it impossible to combine the photos together into one folder without manually changing every photo so that the numbers don't repeat.

I have not changed the original default folders/numbers in the camera and therefore expect the numbers to run to 9999 and change the folder index to the next etc.

If anyone is having the same problem with the default numbering system maybe you can share your solution to this?

Thanks and a Happy New Shooting Year to everyone.

Set File Number Sequencing to ON.

Zerstorer said:
Set File Number Sequencing to ON.
Yep, it should work. I insert a D70 CF card into D200 and when I took the photos, the files continued the sequence when I set the above. The menu item can be found under Custom Setting d6.

pianodancer said:
Yep, it should work. I insert a D70 CF card into D200 and when I took the photos, the files continued the sequence when I set the above. The menu item can be found under Custom Setting d6.

Yep that is correct...

I have tried on D1X, D2H and D70s on one card......no problem. Comes out as 3 separate file on one card when you read on your computer.

A good rule is to read your MANUAL.

Thanks for the help guys. I have set the sequence on and try to take on different CF cards and see if it works. I think it should.

Sometimes when you have a new toy, you read the instruction manual the bare minimum and try to work out your problems on the way. That's what happens.

Thanks again.

chngpe01 said:
It would be good to read through the manual provided to know your camera better.
PLBV.

vfoongsk said:
I tested my D200 on Sunday and took a few shots which are really superior to those taken by my D70s. As I was taking in Raw + Jpec fine, I changed to another CF card after the first is finished in a very short time.

What supprised me was that the numbers in both CF cards starts from DSC 001 Nef and therefore makes it impossible to combine the photos together into one folder without manually changing every photo so that the numbers don't repeat.

I have not changed the original default folders/numbers in the camera and therefore expect the numbers to run to 9999 and change the folder index to the next etc.

If anyone is having the same problem with the default numbering system maybe you can share your solution to this?

Thanks and a Happy New Shooting Year to everyone.

Al these arent "problems " .it is actually , the user doesnt read it F*^king manual.. I see so many buy new camera and posting "Problem shots" or Problem setting in this forum.. .. D200 isnt a entirely new camera to D70.. and it isnt that complicated neither is it so advanced till cant figure out.... Please please.. nikon user.. Go back to the book before you start writing.... :(

Luval said:
Al these arent "problems " .it is actually , the user doesnt read it F*^king manual.. I see so many buy new camera and posting "Problem shots" or Problem setting in this forum.. .. D200 isnt a entirely new camera to D70.. and it isnt that complicated neither is it so advanced till cant figure out.... Please please.. nikon user.. Go back to the book before you start writing.... :(

wow!! Pro comment :thumbsup:

markccm said:
wow!! Pro comment :thumbsup:
Ok..i think i shall make another pro comment.

I tot this kind of setting no need to even read the manual. ;p Just thumb through LCD menu can liao lar.

;p

And anyway D200 has "online camera help" what. Just press the question mark thingy.

Luval said:

At least he got the answer through this forum right?
If this is a sharing session, I wonder why people get worked up just because he didn't read the manual.

relax man...

Status
Not open for further replies.