D200 V S5 Pro Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

excelglsi

Deregistered
Oct 11, 2005
CCK-Yew Tee
After much testing of the S5 pro by a friend. The finding will delight Nikon user.

S5 pro produce much softer image compare to D200. The WB indoor is much more diff to match compare to the D200...

Anyone wish to give comment or add? All are welcome...:bsmilie:

you will need to show us the process instead of just saying to prove/convince anyone. so far besides a slower handling speed and a better DR, the S5pro seems to be convincing a lot of people to change bodies.

you will need to show us the process instead of just saying to prove/convince anyone. so far besides a slower handling speed and a better DR, the S5pro seems to be convincing a lot of people to change bodies.
I am not here to convince anyone just wan to share tat all... See any S5 user will agree with mi..:think:

I am not here to convince anyone just wan to share tat all... See any S5 user will agree with mi..:think:

If I may make a suggestion: why don't you try it out for yourself or do a bit of research -- instead of putting unsubstantiated things here that is of little value to anyone.

From what many have said, it seems like both D200 and S5 are great cameras, each has its own strengths and weaknesses -- like most things in life. There is no need to put one down over the other, IMHO.

If I may make a suggestion: why don't you try it out for yourself or do a bit of research -- instead of putting unsubstantiated things here that is of little value to anyone.

From what many have said, it seems like both D200 and S5 are great cameras, each has its own strengths and weaknesses -- like most things in life. There is no need to put one down over the other, IMHO.

Suggestion noted, I got S5 already.. no worry just wan to compare both of them. Maybe it will serve as a guide for those D200 user tining of switchin to S5...;p

there wun be an end if this thread goes on.. it's simple . everyone gets to choose what they want and allow the media or friend to influence them.

some will go for beter DR and some find that speed is more important. There are Pros and Cons How deep and throught u want to dig between this 2 great camera in their own way. I am convince S5 is great with Auto wb and DR.. as I remember some one have say in this forum .. those who change system are serious hobbies. they justify thousand and one reason to change from this system to another...the pro just need a camera that does the job and they will just have that. Every one is entitled to their own choice..

Does anybody actually use their cameras to take pictures nowadays? Last time I checked, convincing other people who is holding the better camera doesn't actually help you in anyway to improve your photo taking skills. Mileage may varr.

Even Softer image? D200 is already freaking soft, I can't imagine anything softer than that that will still be acceptable.

After much testing of the S5 pro by a friend. The finding will delight Nikon user.

S5 pro produce much softer image compare to D200. The WB indoor is much more diff to match compare to the D200...

Anyone wish to give comment or add? All are welcome...:bsmilie:

I have a D200 on hand to try for a few months before I finally bought the S5 Pro.

The Fuji S5 Pro is a very specialized camera. It will appeal strongly to a certain group of photographers, and this group consists of mainly portraiture artists (yes, I use the word 'artists' to describe portrait photographers).

To shoot portraiture, you don't need a razor sharp lens or camera. In fact, portraiture artists will normally soften their subjects by adding a softening filter or using specific softening techniques or plug-ins in Adobe Photoshop.

With the introduction of the S Pro series from Fuji, portraiture artists already saved tons of valuable hours tweaking and perfecting the colors, softening, burning and dodging in Adobe Photoshop.

Bottomline is that Fuji built the S5 Pro 'softer' than the D200 with a purpose. If you want a razor sharp camera, I suggest you go for the D200 with Carl Zeiss ZF lenses. These lenses are so sharp that you will be able to see every pores on Zhang Ziyi's already very smooth complexion.

May I know what type of prices now market are selling for D200 & S5 Pro bodies?

I am not wrong S5 pro should be more expansive than D200:confused:

check the price guide about in the nikon thread

Many people are raving about the S5 pro. A few users have expressed disappointment. It would appear that the image quality (particularly for jpegs) is remarkable, while the practical use of the camera is not so well implemented. My question is: why can we not find it reviewed, e.g. in dpreview (Phil Askey)? Does anyone know of a good review on the web?

D200 selling at $2150 & S5Pro selling at $2600 cos its Made In Japan. Thats what I heard;)

instead of d200 vs s5pro, how about d200 complement s5pro? both can share lens and mb-d200. so just need to spend on different batteries. when you need speed use the d200. when you need to dr and color use the s5.

I have a D200 on hand to try for a few months before I finally bought the S5 Pro.

The Fuji S5 Pro is a very specialized camera. It will appeal strongly to a certain group of photographers, and this group consists of mainly portraiture artists (yes, I use the word 'artists' to describe portrait photographers).

To shoot portraiture, you don't need a razor sharp lens or camera. In fact, portraiture artists will normally soften their subjects by adding a softening filter or using specific softening techniques or plug-ins in Adobe Photoshop.

With the introduction of the S Pro series from Fuji, portraiture artists already saved tons of valuable hours tweaking and perfecting the colors, softening, burning and dodging in Adobe Photoshop.

Bottomline is that Fuji built the S5 Pro 'softer' than the D200 with a purpose. If you want a razor sharp camera, I suggest you go for the D200 with Carl Zeiss ZF lenses. These lenses are so sharp that you will be able to see every pores on Zhang Ziyi's already very smooth complexion.

I agreed on what u say... :thumbsup: Can i koe what ur setup when shooting indoor with tricky light condition? Do u use Grey card? :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.