D200 users with Sigma lens check this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsisaxon

Nov 29, 2004
I stumbled across this.

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/news/news.asp?nID=3256

1/11/2006

Notice to end-users using Sigma’s Nikon fitting lenses with D200 camera

To our valued customers,

Combination of the new Nikon 200 digital SLR camera with the following Sigmaproducts can cause improper exposure. To overcome this we will be supplying a free upgrade to our customers. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to our customers.

List of lenses which would require an update for the D200 camera:

Fixed Focal Length Lenses
28mm F1.8 DG ASPHERICAL RF

Zoom Lenses
20-40mm F2.8 EX DG ASPHERICAL
24-70mm F2.8 EX DG MACRO
24-70mm F2.8 EX ASPHERICAL DF
28-70mm F2.8 EX DG
28-105mm F2.8-4 DG
28-105mm F2.8-4 ASPHERICAL

Please contact Sigma Corporation of America by email at info@sigmaphoto.com or call 1-800- 896-6858.

This has been discussed before.

Latest from Sigma is that they will replace the chip.
The first batch of lens to be replaced is the 10-20mm then follow by the 70-200mm.
Look like a long way before the rest of the lenses can be replaced for D200 use.

Rhpe3159 said:
This has been discussed before.

Latest from Sigma is that they will replace the chip.
The first batch of lens to be replaced is the 10-20mm then follow by the 70-200mm.
Look like a long way before the rest of the lenses can be replaced for D200 use.

Hi, could you please let me know where I can find more info about this? There seems to be some issues with my 10-20mm as the AF can work with my D70 but not my Fuji S1 pro but I don't have the same problem with the 18-50mm. Thanks.

yqt said:
Hi, could you please let me know where I can find more info about this? There seems to be some issues with my 10-20mm as the AF can work with my D70 but not my Fuji S1 pro but I don't have the same problem with the 18-50mm. Thanks.

For your case its an S1Pro issue. The S1Pro was built on an outdated entry level Nikon F60 body that does not support AF-S/HSM lenses.

Zerstorer said:
For your case its an S1Pro issue. The S1Pro was built on an outdated entry level Nikon F60 body that does not support AF-S/HSM lenses.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup: . Please don't mind me ( when it comes to the tech/specs of cam and lens I'm a real newbie ), but it ( S1pro ) work well with the 18-50mm f2.8 . I though that both lens are AF-S/HSM lens? Thanks in advance.

yqt said:
but it ( S1pro ) work well with the 18-50mm f2.8 . I though that both lens are AF-S/HSM lens? Thanks in advance.
Erm..No.

Take a look at your lens again. An AFS/HSM lens has a an internal piezoelectric motor. i.e it is not driven by the camera. The 18-50 is a regular screw-driven lens.

I would have bought the 18-50 if it were HSM.

Zerstorer said:
Erm..No.

Take a look at your lens again. An AFS/HSM lens has a an internal piezoelectric motor. i.e it is not driven by the camera. The 18-50 is a regular screw-driven lens.

I would have bought the 18-50 if it were HSM.

Thanks Zerstorer. Took a look at the box and relised what a fool I've make myself out to be ;p. Well, I did say I'm a newbie when it comes to tech and specs ;p

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.