D200 user with Battery Grip - Nikon MB-D200. Leave it on or off?

How often does your grip stay on your Camera

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomobile

Dec 8, 2004
east
www.ampm.mobi
Hi all with D200 and Grip,

I just got the battery Grip and ended up having it on the camera 24/7 now. It just feels like part of the camera now.

Just wanted to know how many of you leave it on almost all the time and how many only fit it when needed.

And, any problems encounter when we had it on all the time. :p

Cheers!

Hum... maybe this poll should extend to all nikon bodies with grips.

My FM2, FA, F2, F3, F100, D100, D200 (not mine;)) and now the S5Pro all have their vertical grips permanently attached. I feel weird without one.

wow FM2! nice...

I even readjust my digicabi to fit my cam with the grip. so it's a huge reshuffling.

wow FM2! nice...

I even readjust my digicabi to fit my cam with the grip. so it's a huge reshuffling.

Actually I don't really find the FM2 that great. I prefer the FM anytime. Much better shutter, unless of course you can get the FM2 with honey-comb shutter.

Always be 'kiasu'; buy a bigger dry cabinet.

Actually I don't really find the FM2 that great. I prefer the FM anytime. Much better shutter, unless of course you can get the FM2 with honey-comb shutter.

Always be 'kiasu'; buy a bigger dry cabinet.

Honey comb shutter with 1/250 sync speed!!

I will use it when only needed..

Hi all with D200 and Grip,

I just got the battery Grip and ended up having it on the camera 24/7 now. It just feels like part of the camera now.

Just wanted to know how many of you leave it on almost all the time and how many only fit it when needed.

And, any problems encounter when we had it on all the time. :p

Cheers!

sama sama... no problems... so far...

Would like to have it on 24x7 but if I want to put it into compuday pack, I will need to remove the grip as I attach the lens onto it.

No offence ah, but I use a BG-E2 grip on my 30D as well. I used to have the mentality that I should leave it on 24/7, but today I took it off for the first time because I wanted to travel lighter.

for those with batt grip. is it okay to use the grip with only one batt in it?

Big grip for big glass. But otherwise, I prefer to travel light. :)

My grip is still on my cam since the day i brought it. hahahaha. i find the batt meter very useful. i get a very clear idea of how many shots left.

If leave the grip there, must well get a D2 which grip is married to its body forever

i'll put on the grip for 3 reasons,

1) to balance off longer lenses e.g. 70-200
2) anticipating a fair of portrait-oriented shoot
3) look more like a pro... okay, lah! only 2 valid reasons!! :bsmilie:

i suppose the convenience of not having to worry about when the first batt dies (bring the other as a spare), could be a valid 3rd reason... but it's really only the first 2. otherwise, the grip stays at home.

yeah i echo the same reasons.

Also at certain times it provide us with the choice of on or off the camera.

And D2s are like trice the price of d200. That's Y.

hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.