D200 user with Battery Grip - Nikon MB-D200. Leave it on or off?

How often does your grip stay on your Camera

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave it on 100% for my F90x, like the extra shutter button while shooting in potrait.

On permanently unless you have to lose weight during travels etc.

So can anyone tell me how to get the grip off my D2X? Chainsaw?

Sell off and get a D200... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

So can anyone tell me how to get the grip off my D2X? Chainsaw?

How about just swap bodies with zac08? ;p I'm sure he'll love it!!

Leave it on 100% since getting it a few weeks ago but my mini camera bag cannot fit...have to use the medium shoulder bag instead with an additional lens and my SB800 :bsmilie:

How about just swap bodies with zac08? ;p I'm sure he'll love it!!

Thanks for the suggestion. But I think I'd not have the bigger camera yet... bigger camera, means more weight for me, need a bigger bag and also I'd need more space on my card and pc to store as many photos... mebbe later when I am much better...

I love the option of having the grip on or off on the D200. I use the grip mainly when I will be doing a lot of verticals or when I shoot events. But obviously it'll be off when I'm doing something like hiking where the weight I'm carrying must be minimized.

Only when I went travel I will the the D-200 off. Local shooting during events, family outing, etc. I will only have the D-200 on only when needed.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I think I'd not have the bigger camera yet... bigger camera, means more weight for me, need a bigger bag and also I'd need more space on my card and pc to store as many photos... mebbe later when I am much better...

D2X weights just very slightly more than D200+MB-D200. So weight shouldn't be a problem. ;p

D2X weights just very slightly more than D200+MB-D200. So weight shouldn't be a problem. ;p

I dun even haf the grip yet :bsmilie:

You wanna sponsor me one? :bsmilie:

I dun even haf the grip yet :bsmilie:

You wanna sponsor me one? :bsmilie:

I think Kit can donate his to you after he saws it off the D2X ;)

I, for one, leave it on 24/7. I find that so long as you switch off the main, the battery lasts. I've done events with one battery in it and it's alright. I don't suggest leaving 2 batteries in it unless you have another 2 spare ones.

Have fun with it.

Cheers!

Ive just bought a D200 and this is an interesting thread , my F90X came with one and I got used to it , feels nice and solid and easier to handle . think i might just phone and grab one for my D200 , it feels a bit strange without one

I'll probably leave it on all the time... but problem is, it seems that the MB-D200 is out of stock everywhere leh...:dunno:

once i try to lighten my load and remove the grip, but it feel totally unbalance esp when my PR lens is 17 - 55. and realise with 17 - 55 on d200, removing the grip did not "lighten" the weight at all. hahahaha

Leave it on 100% of the time, you never know when you need a vertical shot. :)

Leave it on all the time, but when put on tripod, the grip isn't that stable... Need to use cable release. Anyone with the same sentiments?

Leave it on 100% of the time, you never know when you need a vertical shot. :)

Even with a grip, I almost never use it for vertical shots, I still prefer holding it the traditional way, either hand above or hand below. ;p

my batt grip and my d80 have been best buddies ever since i introduced them to each other,hahah
but i do understand that it "saps" up some energy too,so using a single batt with a batt grip,will give u slightly less energy to shoot as compared to using a single batt with the body alone

Status
Not open for further replies.