D200 or 2nd Hand D2H?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
Which should buy? About same price i think.

2nd Hand d2H or new D200?

When in doubt, buy both. BBB!!

espn said:
wah lau ehhh.... your answer "got say like no say" :bsmilie:

depend on condition of lah.... if d2h is in excellent condition its worth buying... :angel:

If I were in your shoes....D200. Newer, better image quality, and features, etc. Unless you really need the super fast AF and 8fps for e.g for shooting sporting events.

smurfman said:
Which should buy? About same price i think.

2nd Hand d2H or new D200?
New D200.

D200 will be a better buy.

Actually.. it's all up to the user, only he will know what he needs. If he knows what he needs won't be asking this question already.

If he doesn't.. it's probably a want more than a need :sticktong

espn said:
I like your approach man!! there is nothing better than having the unit on hand to try out. Even if you buy D200, you may still imagining what the D2H has that D200 doesn't have, and the thought will keep lingering at the back of your mind.

For example: I recently bought a 3 or many hands old D1H to try out, to realised that my D70 and D50 are good enought for my need. Bought for $1250 and sold for $1000 1 week later. hehehehe..... At least, I have peace of mind after that, don't even think of D2H .. D4H anymore. To me I can't tahun the super heavy weight and without built in flash of the Pro body.

Buy both and sell one of them later... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Sure won't regret anymore, as long as you can forget about some tiny lose in $$.

i need either 1 for my commercial shoot, weddings and etc. will be using it very frequently.

i though d2h though good, and price about same as d200. But d200 claim got more megapixels, i think 10 megas. Don't know which one to go for.

I am not good at digital things, so really don't know buy which one that can justified the $$$ i pay.

espn said:
Actually.. it's all up to the user, only he will know what he needs. If he knows what he needs won't be asking this question already.

If he doesn't.. it's probably a want more than a need :sticktong

I know what i want and what i need, just don't know which to go for.

I am not rich or got ppl sponsor big cameras, i spend what i earn thru photography, thus need to spend wisely.

You are not me, thats why you don't know, so pls shut up.

smurfman said:

I am not rich or got ppl sponsor big cameras, i spend what i earn thru photography, thus need to spend wisely.

I'll have to agree with ESPN here.

If you truly know what you want and need, you wouldn't have to ask at all. Given your experience with your current system surely you would be able to make a more informed judgement about your needs rather than to ask all the amatuers hanging around the forum?

smurfman said:

Wahaha... then if I don't know what makes you think others will KNOW? If that's the case, you're as good as asking all of us to shut up while you ponder and think over what you need but yet don't know what to buy? :bsmilie:

Contradictory oxymoron => I know what i want and what i need, just don't know which to go for.

Zerstorer said:
I'm off to buy 4D, you wanna share? $2 big $2 small? Hee.

smurfman said:
i need either 1 for my commercial shoot, weddings and etc. will be using it very frequently.

i though d2h though good, and price about same as d200. But d200 claim got more megapixels, i think 10 megas. Don't know which one to go for.

I am not good at digital things, so really don't know buy which one that can justified the $$$ i pay.
Depend on where your end products are going to end up. If it's just some corporate brochures, D2H is more than sufficient. But since you also shoot weddings, there may be times when your client will want a blow up of certain prints, that's where 10mp comes in useful.

Do you shoot sports? If you don't then the D200 is more than sufficient. Get the vertical grip also.

But in terms of balance and comfort in holding, I still prefer the D2X. It feels more balanced. I don't know if the D200 will feel as balanced with the additional grip because I don't have one (yet).

lsisaxon said:
Depend on where your end products are going to end up. If it's just some corporate brochures, D2H is more than sufficient. But since you also shoot weddings, there may be times when your client will want a blow up of certain prints, that's where 10mp comes in useful.

Do you shoot sports? If you don't then the D200 is more than sufficient. Get the vertical grip also.

But in terms of balance and comfort in holding, I still prefer the D2X. It feels more balanced. I don't know if the D200 will feel as balanced with the additional grip because I don't have one (yet).

Just done a lifestyles shoot for a condo, and a scalemodel shoot. This scalemodel need to blow up to 15 meter by 8 meter. So don't know which camera can blow that big?

Zerstorer said:

If you truly know what you want and need, you wouldn't have to ask at all. Given your experience with your current system surely you would be able to make a more informed judgement about your needs rather than to ask all the amatuers hanging around the forum?

Yup, i am trained in the old ways, and this digital thing mades me mad sometimes. If got no digital, you think i will ask this?

smurfman said:
Just done a lifestyles shoot for a condo, and a scalemodel shoot. This scalemodel need to blow up to 15 meter by 8 meter. So don't know which camera can blow that big?
None... get a Large format camera better.

Status
Not open for further replies.