D200 or 2nd Hand D2H?

Status
Not open for further replies.
espn said:
None... get a Large format camera better.

already shoot with phase one liao.

Maximun size d2h and d200 can print? Example in full 300 resolutions?

ortega said:
commercial jobs need the MPs ---> I say again D200
I'd go for H2D + P22 if that's the case. ;)

smurfman said:
already shoot with phase one liao.

Maximun size d2h and d200 can print? Example in full 300 resolutions?
D2H - 2464x1632 @300dpi -> 8.2" x 5.4"
D200 - 3872x2592 @300dpi -> 12.9" x 8.64"

But if the image is limited by optical, then it doesn't matter anymore because you can interpolate using software to as high as you like and apply some unsharp mask etc...

20" x 30" @ 140DPI = 11.67MP

D2X :thumbsup:

i believe there r a few ppl who have blown up D2H 4MP shots to large sizes using interpolation software with no issues.

espn said:
20" x 30" @ 140DPI = 11.67MP

D2X :thumbsup:
Actually, since it's for pro purposes unlike us play play one, then really should pay for the D2X.

markccm said:
i believe there r a few ppl who have blown up D2H 4MP shots to large sizes using interpolation software with no issues.
People have blown up 3mp D1X images to more than 100" after interpolation.

markccm said:
Yeah... saw your 5m x 7m D2HS printouts... :thumbsup:

lsisaxon said:
Actually, since it's for pro purposes unlike us play play one, then really should pay for the D2X.
Finally... somebody understands what I'm driving at!!!! :thumbsup:

lsisaxon said:
People have blown up 3mp D1X images to more than 100" after interpolation.
Eh.. D1X is 5MP but if shot in RAW, it's 6 or 10MP using Nikon Capture. I think you referring to D1H? :dunno:

espn said:
Yeah... saw your 5m x 7m D2HS printouts... :thumbsup:
Wah! 5m x 7m? Where where? I want to see also.

lsisaxon said:

Got ppl told me the cmos sensors make images look kinda soft, and d2x exceed budget by half liao. Cannot afford.

My friend use 1dmark2, and images i found soft also, also cmos sensors.

2 friends from 1 big company using d2x, and they regret, cos they ask boss to pay, and images from prints they don't like.

smurfman said:
Got ppl told me the cmos sensors make images look kinda soft, and d2x exceed budget by half liao. Cannot afford.

2 friends from 1 big company using d2x, and they regret, cos they ask boss to pay, and images from prints they don't like.
Did they blow until 100% and see that it's soft? If they do, then I would say that it's not because of the CMOS sensor. At that kind of sensor resolution, you are limited by the resolution of the optics, of course it's soft. If that's the case then I think D200 images will look soft also.

100% crop of a D2X image shot with Micro 105/2.8
a51.jpg

Full image
a6.jpg

smurfman said:

then dun use CMOS or CCD lor.

Use LBCAST

Status
Not open for further replies.