D200 or 2nd Hand D2H?


Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoudavid

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2005
2,161
3
38
Which should buy? About same price i think.

2nd Hand d2H or new D200?
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
When in doubt, buy both. BBB!!
 

idor

Senior Member
Nov 11, 2004
666
0
0
44
Northern California
espn said:
When in doubt, buy both. BBB!!
wah lau ehhh.... your answer "got say like no say" :bsmilie:

depend on condition of lah.... if d2h is in excellent condition its worth buying... :angel:
 

Garion

Senior Member
Nov 26, 2002
5,527
0
0
46
West side of S'pore
Visit site
If I were in your shoes....D200. Newer, better image quality, and features, etc. Unless you really need the super fast AF and 8fps for e.g for shooting sporting events.
 

lsisaxon

Senior Member
Nov 29, 2004
11,941
0
36
smurfman said:
Which should buy? About same price i think.

2nd Hand d2H or new D200?
New D200.
 

jbma

Senior Member
Dec 28, 2003
3,287
0
0
Tampines
D200 will be a better buy.
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
Actually.. it's all up to the user, only he will know what he needs. If he knows what he needs won't be asking this question already.

If he doesn't.. it's probably a want more than a need :sticktong
 

poh6702

Senior Member
May 8, 2004
999
1
18
espn said:
When in doubt, buy both. BBB!!
I like your approach man!! there is nothing better than having the unit on hand to try out. Even if you buy D200, you may still imagining what the D2H has that D200 doesn't have, and the thought will keep lingering at the back of your mind.

For example: I recently bought a 3 or many hands old D1H to try out, to realised that my D70 and D50 are good enought for my need. Bought for $1250 and sold for $1000 1 week later. hehehehe..... At least, I have peace of mind after that, don't even think of D2H .. D4H anymore. To me I can't tahun the super heavy weight and without built in flash of the Pro body.

Buy both and sell one of them later... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Sure won't regret anymore, as long as you can forget about some tiny lose in $$.
 

fotoudavid

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2005
2,161
3
38
i need either 1 for my commercial shoot, weddings and etc. will be using it very frequently.

i though d2h though good, and price about same as d200. But d200 claim got more megapixels, i think 10 megas. Don't know which one to go for.

I am not good at digital things, so really don't know buy which one that can justified the $$$ i pay.
 

fotoudavid

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2005
2,161
3
38
espn said:
Actually.. it's all up to the user, only he will know what he needs. If he knows what he needs won't be asking this question already.

If he doesn't.. it's probably a want more than a need :sticktong
I know what i want and what i need, just don't know which to go for.

I am not rich or got ppl sponsor big cameras, i spend what i earn thru photography, thus need to spend wisely.

You are not me, thats why you don't know, so pls shut up.
 

Zerstorer

Senior Member
Jul 8, 2002
3,438
0
36
smurfman said:
I know what i want and what i need, just don't know which to go for.

I am not rich or got ppl sponsor big cameras, i spend what i earn thru photography, thus need to spend wisely.

You are not me, thats why you don't know, so pls shut up.
I'll have to agree with ESPN here.

If you truly know what you want and need, you wouldn't have to ask at all. Given your experience with your current system surely you would be able to make a more informed judgement about your needs rather than to ask all the amatuers hanging around the forum?
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
smurfman said:
I know what i want and what i need, just don't know which to go for.

I am not rich or got ppl sponsor big cameras, i spend what i earn thru photography, thus need to spend wisely.

You are not me, thats why you don't know, so pls shut up.
Wahaha... then if I don't know what makes you think others will KNOW? If that's the case, you're as good as asking all of us to shut up while you ponder and think over what you need but yet don't know what to buy? :bsmilie:

Contradictory oxymoron => I know what i want and what i need, just don't know which to go for.


Zerstorer said:
I'll have to agree with ESPN here.
I'm off to buy 4D, you wanna share? $2 big $2 small? Hee.
 

lsisaxon

Senior Member
Nov 29, 2004
11,941
0
36
smurfman said:
i need either 1 for my commercial shoot, weddings and etc. will be using it very frequently.

i though d2h though good, and price about same as d200. But d200 claim got more megapixels, i think 10 megas. Don't know which one to go for.

I am not good at digital things, so really don't know buy which one that can justified the $$$ i pay.
Depend on where your end products are going to end up. If it's just some corporate brochures, D2H is more than sufficient. But since you also shoot weddings, there may be times when your client will want a blow up of certain prints, that's where 10mp comes in useful.

Do you shoot sports? If you don't then the D200 is more than sufficient. Get the vertical grip also.

But in terms of balance and comfort in holding, I still prefer the D2X. It feels more balanced. I don't know if the D200 will feel as balanced with the additional grip because I don't have one (yet).
 

fotoudavid

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2005
2,161
3
38
lsisaxon said:
Depend on where your end products are going to end up. If it's just some corporate brochures, D2H is more than sufficient. But since you also shoot weddings, there may be times when your client will want a blow up of certain prints, that's where 10mp comes in useful.

Do you shoot sports? If you don't then the D200 is more than sufficient. Get the vertical grip also.

But in terms of balance and comfort in holding, I still prefer the D2X. It feels more balanced. I don't know if the D200 will feel as balanced with the additional grip because I don't have one (yet).
Just done a lifestyles shoot for a condo, and a scalemodel shoot. This scalemodel need to blow up to 15 meter by 8 meter. So don't know which camera can blow that big?
 

fotoudavid

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2005
2,161
3
38
Zerstorer said:
I'll have to agree with ESPN here.

If you truly know what you want and need, you wouldn't have to ask at all. Given your experience with your current system surely you would be able to make a more informed judgement about your needs rather than to ask all the amatuers hanging around the forum?
Yup, i am trained in the old ways, and this digital thing mades me mad sometimes. If got no digital, you think i will ask this?
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
smurfman said:
Just done a lifestyles shoot for a condo, and a scalemodel shoot. This scalemodel need to blow up to 15 meter by 8 meter. So don't know which camera can blow that big?
None... get a Large format camera better.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.