D200 can IR or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis said:
I have no problem with it at all. 77mm still very useful to me as I still have my trusty D70 that can do IR like no other, after all 95% of my lens uses 77mm filters. I even shoot handheld without having to change the ISO on the D70.
Don't know why you are having problem with it leh, should be Ok one.
In fact my P&S son't give me better IR shots than my D70.
I am just trying to see if it works with the D200 but it seems like it is worst than the Canon's. I already know that this is going to be a problem even before I get the D200 but I don't get the D200 solely to do IR so no problem here. BTW setting the colour temperature directly on the D200 is not the problem, problem is it does not work. :cry:

For me i kena the hot spot problem on the D70. Must the damn lens then! :sweat:

Oh....setting the WB does not work on the D200, then it really confirms the suspicion that it is only pure monochromatic red that is passing through the R72 (eg 690-700) that is being recorded. 2500WB still won't cut it because it is so red, which is correctly recorded abyway (same for your eyes). Else near-IR will trigger a different response/colour on the sensor.

I like Oly's old P&S best. Coz it's f1.8 at the wide setting, even at ISO 64-100 you can get speeds like 1/30 depending on which cam (older is better!), no problem. Even the wind affect trees and foilage isn't much of a problem, so sometimes slower shutter speeds still got issues. :) Thing is that it does not go wide enough until the C-5060W, which isn't that good for IR already because of the additional IR filtering.

Here's something i did with the C-5050 at SBWR, i think handheld if i am not wrong. :)

http://www.pbase.com/sil82/image/33770838

http://www.pbase.com/sil82/image/33770840

I used to use 5050 for IR, it can get pretty noisy at high ISO and no color...thats why I sold it away to get D70...so far the regulars here all use D70...

D70 produce very nice and sharp IR image with false color. and it worked well with all kind of IR filter.

Its possible to handhold to shoot, thats what Teerex, our future moderator, always do, he never bring tripod. But most of us prefers tripod, to get sharper image and can shoot a normal pix for masking effect.

Looks like the rumors about the D200 having a very strong IR-C filter are true. :think: Now the other rumor to verify is whether the filter is fixed onto the CCD, unlike the D70's, which is only "clipped" on.

O well, looks like I'll stick with my modified D70 for IR and replace my D70s with a D200 sometime later. ;p

Aiyah so sayang... got WA zoom lens 12-24mm, got back modified Cokin IR filter (77mm) and D200 cannot do IR. :cry:

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.