d200 banding issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
rEveRie said:
just read this from dpreview.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1021&thread=16332887

some users have experienced horizontal and even vertical banding lines on the images from
D200...

this really worried me.. i am getting mine in just a few hours... ouch...

There will surely be issues. It's nothing new if you are not new to this.

2100 said:

hmm do u think this occurs in a minority of the whole batch? or is it likely to be universal?
scared ar... i showing hand my own money to get this cam...

2100 said:

The problem is secondary. I am more concerned about how it is being rectified if recognised. For this kinda banding problem does it involved ripping the CCD out from its guts to be replaced? I just dun like the idea that a few months old camera need to go through this process. If its a software upgrade or minor replacement of some parts I think its still ok.

notfairlah said:
what is this banding issue on D200 about ? can someone explain what does it affect .

D200拍出的片子有直线条纹

litefoot said:
The problem is secondary. I am more concerned about how it is being rectified if recognised. For this kinda banding problem does it involved ripping the CCD out from its guts to be replaced? I just dun like the idea that a few months old camera need to go through this process. If its a software upgrade or minor replacement of some parts I think its still ok.

I have shot one whole series from 100-1600, no banding problems. Been using for the last 1 hr, no real issues.

Tomorrow and this weekend try try with weddings first alongside the D70..... See if i have time to post out some real pix. Coz only till January will my shoots promised with the D200 really start. Need to charge up the 3 pcs of EN-EL3a, knn cannot use EN-EL3. Hope they chg up fast enough in time for tmr.

1600 NR looks super yucky though. :p

At Aik Seng, there were 3 persons alongside with me getting the D200. ;p Super hot. Think Aik Seng is the fastest at 4.30pm arrival, followed by MS Colour / APO.

2100 said:
At Aik Seng, there were 3 persons alongside with me getting the D200. ;p Super hot. Think Aik Seng is the fastest at 4.30pm arrival, followed by MS Colour / APO.

haha bro i think u saw me.. i got my d200 from there already :D
they had only 5 in stock.

rEveRie said:
haha bro i think u saw me.. i got my d200 from there already :D
they had only 5 in stock.
Is it? Congrats then. ;) Dashed down in cab man. :sweat:

2100 said:

here is my new d200!
53732096.jpg

also tried 100 to 1600.. no banding issues on my piece either.. heheh happy happy! :D

the whole camera feels just SO GOOD.
the only thing is my hands tend to shake, i guess coz still not used to ti yet.

2100 said:
Is it? Congrats then. ;) Dashed down in cab man. :sweat:

hahaha luckily i bought a lens from then abt 1 month ago and chatted with them... my usual dealer actually didnt get to get any stock at all... and i really panicked.. called everywhere...

really LUCKILY they called me at 12 pm asking me if i would like a piece reserved... and that's it liao... too excited.. hahaha...

No one got the grip with it? it would make it feel a lot better :devil: pure orgasmic esctasy :bsmilie: until you decide to move on to the D2 series.

No grip till quite some time later lar. heh... :D Seriously I would not stick a grip with it for weddings (i shoot discretely) and those events which require me to shoot fast (eg celebrities), too bulky to move around fast in crowded conditions.

Even D70 with a small tamron 28-75, xiao mei mei already shy to let me shoot. :D Need to chat up with the gal and woo her before can shoot those from the top pix etc.... :D

2100 said:
No grip till quite some time later lar. heh... :D Seriously I would not stick a grip with it for weddings (i shoot discretely) and those events which require me to shoot fast (eg celebrities), too bulky to move around fast in crowded conditions.

Even D70 with a small tamron 28-75, xiao mei mei already shy to let me shoot. :D Need to chat up with the gal and woo her before can shoot those from the top pix etc.... :D
wahh this is what I call a pro. :thumbsup:

TMC said:
wahh this is what I call a pro. :thumbsup:
You like that win already lor.....somebody will surely whack into this thread and suan me liao. :D

Seriously, let me go take my dinner first and check out the stuff/manual etc. But for those interested in this cam, it's quite an easy transition, shouldn't be a problem to just dive into using it if the shooter is ok with his previous Nikon cam. Of course just in case i will bring along the D70. Hopefully can have time to post some pix.

Oh....must remember die die cannot shoot RAW. :D Coz no adobe .8bi file to convert raw.

TMC said:
No one got the grip with it? it would make it feel a lot better :devil: pure orgasmic esctasy :bsmilie: until you decide to move on to the D2 series.

Lol... what a way to describe it.. I cannot imagine the looks on these people with the grips when they shot pixs..:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

2100 said:

Wah PRO in action... :thumbsup:

2100 said:
I have shot one whole series from 100-1600, no banding problems. Been using for the last 1 hr, no real issues.

Tomorrow and this weekend try try with weddings first alongside the D70..... See if i have time to post out some real pix. Coz only till January will my shoots promised with the D200 really start. Need to charge up the 3 pcs of EN-EL3a, knn cannot use EN-EL3. Hope they chg up fast enough in time for tmr.

1600 NR looks super yucky though. :p

Then you should have a look at Canon 5D......ISO 1600.....priceless..:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.