D100 vs 10D

Status
Not open for further replies.
hhmmm....
wanted a comparison between 10d and d100...
how did d60 come into the picture....
agree with most here about reading up first... i have already done my comparisons... thats y i come in here to ask for end-USER opinions.
regarding buying the equipment to suit my style and not following the trend.... how many people here really have a STYLE of their own to begin with...
by the way, Watcher is right... d60 is nowhere near d100. especially focusing at low light, almost twice as slow... >2sec at EV2... low-light focusing limit is EV2,not 0.5 as claimed by canon. thats 1 of the reasons y i never consider d60.
no offence to d60-ist and canon-ist... but i didnt ask for d60 vs d100 comparison in the first place...

i might have inadvertantly started another nikon Vs canon BS by starting this thread...
apologies...

:rolleyes:

reading thru' the entire thread, can roughly tell who uses what brand...
:)

Originally posted by Watcher

You paid $2750 for a 10D. 6-9 months later, a new one say 11D comes out and makes your camera worth say $1700. If you are happy, fine. It is just like those people who changes their mobile phones every 6-9 months but these people only pay like $300-$400 for their changes, not $1000...

If the 11D comes out and makes the 10D worth $1700, then the D100 will be worth even less :rbounce: D100 resale price has also been affected by the price cuts.

I also don't see how the release of a future model affects the buying decision now. The 10D costs less than the D100 and some have said is 'better' than the D100.

Should a person buy a D100 for a few hundred dollars extra instead of a 10D simply because Nikon releases new models slowly?

I would have thought that the buying decision should be based on things like price/performance and whether the camera has the image quality and features that meets the buyer's needs. In that sense, to a buyer without existing lenses, the 10D seems to have an edge.

If you want resale value, theres always Leica. ;p

buy now enjoy now.... buy later enjoy later.... wait to buy enjoy reading other ppl's enjoyment...

Originally posted by erwinx
If the 11D comes out and makes the 10D worth $1700, then the D100 will be worth even less :rbounce: D100 resale price has also been affected by the price cuts.
May be but look at Willy's sale. $3k plus stuff onto it. Not the $2k for the D60s. A replacement vs price cut is two different case. Furthermore, the D60 is no longer in manufacture, kind of like last year's model of a car, except that there are far more dramatic difference.

I also don't see how the release of a future model affects the buying decision now. The 10D costs less than the D100 and some have said is 'better' than the D100.

Should a person buy a D100 for a few hundred dollars extra instead of a 10D simply because Nikon releases new models slowly?

I would have thought that the buying decision should be based on things like price/performance and whether the camera has the image quality and features that meets the buyer's needs. In that sense, to a buyer without existing lenses, the 10D seems to have an edge.

If you want resale value, theres always Leica. ;p
I don't know. When I spend my hard earn money, I personally don't like it if the product's value drop significantly within a short time, consistently by a particular brand. I would rather have an investment that keeps up in value. Imagine it take Canon 1 year later, 1 additional release to get it right what Nikon has gotten almost right the first time round. I do agree that Canon has wonderfully low noise picture, which is superior to the D100. That said, a little more time on things like NeatImage will do the same though...

The rest of what you said is true. *Shrug* the user can decide base on what he reads here. I don't have any impact either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.