Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
Check out this thread.
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=2298212

" .... He said the price is going to be $1999. He said also that there will be substantial promotions with the camera. One to mention is any VR lense at half off with the purchase of the camera. .... "

There's quite a debate going on there with few people saying they have heard things from reliable sources and economists saying that its not going to happen...

Originally posted by willyfoo
Check out this thread.
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=2298212

" .... He said the price is going to be $1999. He said also that there will be substantial promotions with the camera. One to mention is any VR lense at half off with the purchase of the camera. .... "

There's quite a debate going on there with few people saying they have heard things from reliable sources and economists saying that its not going to happen...

Wow! If this is true, it will be cool! :)

Regards
CK

There's only one slight problem. There's only one VR lens in the Nikon lineup at the moment (The 70-200 doesn't count).

If it is less then US$2000 then I'll camp overnight to get it. ;)

Originally posted by ziploc
If it is less then US$2000 then I'll camp overnight to get it. ;)

If less than US$2000, you will find long lines outside CP, AP, John 3:16, etc. Then people will queue up overnight, like buying condo. :D

Regards
CK

You guys gotta stop taking quotes from DPReview forums. It's a place for TECH FREAKS more than photographers, and the fancy rumours that start are not uncommon to similar techie sites.

In other words, I'd rather we quote less from them. Gives us some credibility over DPReview.

great
if it is that price i might be able to get it
but i got one problem...that is i got a sb-28 the non DX version
so how?? i can't fit my speedlight on that thing rite...that means that i have to spend more to get a new flash...

is there anyother way like giving it to nikon and i pay them to convert my sb-28 to a sb-28dx??

Hmm
You should try calling up Nikon and asking them if they can modify your SB-28. But, $3600 for a camera alone seems a little pricey, especially if you're not working yet. And a good camera is nothing without a good lens.

Originally posted by nicholas1986
great
if it is that price i might be able to get it
but i got one problem...that is i got a sb-28 the non DX version
so how?? i can't fit my speedlight on that thing rite...that means that i have to spend more to get a new flash...

is there anyother way like giving it to nikon and i pay them to convert my sb-28 to a sb-28dx??

Actually, it CAN be used, just that there will be no TTL. The non-TTL Auto works fine, as is Manual. :D

Regards
cK

waiting to hear what the S2 price is going to be... especially since the S2 should probably take all flashes that a F80 can take...

Originally posted by erwinx
waiting to hear what the S2 price is going to be... especially since the S2 should probably take all flashes that a F80 can take...

Sometimes I just wonder why Fuji can do it when Nikon themselves can't.....

Regards
CK

I believe the price will be in that range not so much because of the rumours but because that will be the price Nikon will be forced to adapt as Canon has already confirmed similar pricing for their D60. Point to note is that the D100 will not come with a charger and rechargeable battery which will have to be bought separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.