D-lite 4 to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 500D doesn't have a PC sync cord socket, plus the PC sync socket on the 580EXII is just for triggering the 580EXII itself, so it can receive signals but can't send..

Constantly mounting a 580II just to trigger the DL might get tiring if hand-held.

TS should get a cheap hotshot adapter or radio trigger.

I have a almost new spare hotshoe adapter if TS is interested.

ya..i am pretty new...and i know there are two type of lights...but just funny..i saw video and they on those like white color not orangish...that why i am having doubts...

Could be bad video quality, or color grading. :bsmilie:

Could be they changed the tungsten bulb to a fluorescent bulb or using some kind of LED set-up? :think:

Traditionally, modeling light use tungsten bulb.

the 500D doesn't have a PC sync cord socket, plus the PC sync socket on the 580EXII is just for triggering the 580EXII itself, so it can receive signals but can't send..

No wonder i cant find the PC core on my camera and when fix it to my flash 580 also not working...

Could be bad video quality, or color grading. :bsmilie:

Could be they changed the tungsten bulb to a fluorescent bulb or using some kind of LED set-up? :think:

Traditionally, modeling light use tungsten bulb.

i think they change the bulb...cant be the video spolit hahahaha....so it mean i can also change the modelling bulb to fluorescent bulb or LED bulb too?

then those normal household bulb can be used?

No wonder i cant find the PC core on my camera and when fix it to my flash 580 also not working...

the pc sync cord on the flash is not for connecting the pc sync cord. your camera lack a pc sync output. u need to get a hotshoe adapter with a pc sync output.

u shld be able to get it from cathay or ruby for a small sum.

Constantly mounting a 580II just to trigger the DL might get tiring if hand-held.

TS should get a cheap hotshot adapter or radio trigger.

I have a almost new spare hotshoe adapter if TS is interested.

if i use hotshoe adaptor then my flash has to be off the camera...then how should i trigger my 580?? 500d dont have wireless function

Make your life easier.

Just use the DLs and keep the 580.

the pc sync cord on the flash is not for connecting the pc sync cord. your camera lack a pc sync output. u need to get a hotshoe adapter with a pc sync output.

u shld be able to get it from cathay or ruby for a small sum.

Waah!

First time see 'Master Flip' in newbies section. :bigeyes:

Use a hotshoe adapter like the link you posted.

i think they change the bulb...cant be the video spolit hahahaha....so it mean i can also change the modelling bulb to fluorescent bulb or LED bulb too?

then those normal household bulb can be used?

Err ... if you're not familiar with studio lights, I advise better not anyhow try.

Spare flash tubes are expensive to replace.

Err ... if you're not familiar with studio lights, I advise better not anyhow try.

Spare flash tubes are expensive to replace.

erm..i am not change the flash tubes but just the modelling lamp...or do u mean if i am not familar i might spolit the flash tubes while change the modelling lamp?

Err yah, I would suggest don't anyhow try ... just to be safe. :sweat:

Err yah, I would suggest don't anyhow try ... just to be safe. :sweat:

ok .. maybe i will play around more with my set first..before i do dangerous task hahahhaa

ok .. maybe i will play around more with my set first..before i do dangerous task hahahhaa

Yah lor. Better that way.

Even a hotshoe flash has enough power in it's capacitor to possibly KILL an adult.

Studio flash has much more power.

Sometimes there are things that can be exchanged and try try, but for someone new to flash/studio flash, PLEASE DO NOT TRY ANYTHING other than the manufacturer recommendation or instruction. :sweat:

Anything happen not my fault hor.

TS, i have the same lights... normally use these to trigger them... the pt-04's are relatively cheap, the reciever has a pc sync to connect to the lights and it lets you be a little more free with less wires connected straight to you...

btw, you do realise this whole time you could have just set your 580ex to pop upwards and use the photocell on the dlites to trigger them? not only do you get an extra flash to bounce from say the roof but you trigger the lights at the same time haha

TS, i have the same lights... normally use these to trigger them... the pt-04's are relatively cheap, the reciever has a pc sync to connect to the lights and it lets you be a little more free with less wires connected straight to you...

btw, you do realise this whole time you could have just set your 580ex to pop upwards and use the photocell on the dlites to trigger them? not only do you get an extra flash to bounce from say the roof but you trigger the lights at the same time haha

ya i know that..yesterday i keep trying to trigger..but it seems like not working...

set your 580 canon speedlight to Manual mode and adjust the power to minimum. bounce off the ceiling to trigger/fire your 2 Elinchrom units.

I reckon your 580 is in E-ttl auto mode and the preflash did trigger the elin chrom but did so before the shutter opens. so your picture did not register the lights thrown by the elin chrom.

my experience.

all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.