[D.I.Y] Anyone knows how to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness, the idea is easy to comprehend but I think the work behidn it is seriously very cumbersome :bigeyes: I'd pay for anybody who can do this too... :bsmilie:

nice find!!

i am also interested to convert my 14-45 which is unused in my drybox.

there's a continuation of the DIY high magnification mode...now with DIY ring flash and remote modelling flash....

from dcwatch via imaging insider: http://translate.google.com/transla...tml?ref=rss&sl=ja&tl=en&zn=en&history_state0==
00_s.jpg

32_s.jpg

this is a superb idea, an AF reverse mount macro lens!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: to the guy!!

Intriguing. A safer solution might be to reverse mount the lens using a 58mm-4/3 reversal adapter, and use some contacts similar to that used for the autofocus chips plus a ribbon cable again to connect to the pins on the other side of the lens. The nett effect would be a reversed lens + a short extension tube. Can anyone who reads Japanese confirm that the autofocus will work ? I'd have thought the algorithm would screw up. Aperture should work fine, though.

Does anyone know where to get those contacts used for the autofocus chips ? This wouldn't be too hard, actually, if you are willing to use the lens adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.