Czech, Austria and Hungary - Advice required :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrylim

Mar 30, 2004
North
henrylim.net
Hi all,

I am comtemplating on visiting europe in Oct/Nov timeframe this year and have shortlisted three places; Czech, Austria and Hungary. Likely about 2 weeks trip. For those who have been to there places, would appreciate if you could advise whether I should go on Czech + Austria or Czech + Hungary combi, and why pls :)

Appreciate if you could also comment on the photo opportunities/photogenic places at these countries to give an idea of what to expect :)

Thank a bunch!

Maybe the first step is pay a visit to the library and borrow the books for the site you want to visit. That will give you a good insight to the places.

Oct/Nov might be a cold period. Going alone?

OMG! Go to all of them if you can... You basically named the 3 countries I most enjoyed photographing in central-eastern Europe so far.

My fav places:

Czech Rep - Prague (of course), Cesky Krumlov, Cesky Budavijce (eh, forgot spelling)

Austria - Vienna, Innsbruck

Hungary - Budapest

Sorry I can't post anything... cos I was shooting film then and never digitized my photos...

Will be getting going to Vienna/Salzburg/Prague/Bratislava/Budapest in the next 2 weeks. Will drop you a note when I get back .....

drake336 said:
OMG! Go to all of them if you can... You basically named the 3 countries I most enjoyed photographing in central-eastern Europe so far.

My fav places:

Czech Rep - Prague (of course), Cesky Krumlov, Cesky Budavijce (eh, forgot spelling)

Hungary - Budapest

Sorry I can't post anything... cos I was shooting film then and never digitized my photos...

I would say go to Salzburg too if you can... sound of music tour... Eagle's nest is bus ride away... simply breath taking views... but oct/nov... these countries might be starting to get a little chilly... the chance of getting sunny days also start to become lower... if you can... try to bring it forward to sep... autumn... cooling and got autumn colours...

drake336 said:

My fav places:

Hungary - Budapest

ditto. but if u're driving pls give vienna a skip. it's a one-way hell.

henrylim said:
Hi all,

I am comtemplating on visiting europe in Oct/Nov timeframe this year and have shortlisted three places; Czech, Austria and Hungary. Likely about 2 weeks trip. For those who have been to there places, would appreciate if you could advise whether I should go on Czech + Austria or Czech + Hungary combi, and why pls :)

Appreciate if you could also comment on the photo opportunities/photogenic places at these countries to give an idea of what to expect :)

Thank a bunch!

Dude

who u'r goin with? need a travel buddy?

just visit all 3 countries...2 weeks is good enough.Visit Prague/Czech, Budapest/ Hungary then visit Austria.In october it might be cool but the autumn is real beautiful...if you visit Austria..these places you shouldn't miss...Vienna.And you also can go to the Wienerwald to shoot the autum landscapes,and also can take a bus go the underground lake ( See Grotte) about 20km away from Vienna..it is a very beautiful underground lake.
Salzburg a breath taking state of Austria not the capital of Salzburg but the whole province of Salzburg.
Innsbruck also a worth visit city where the golden roof is located.Like to go to mountains..travel a few more kilometers towards Arlberg where you go up to Lech.
I hope my infos will help in your tour.

Shappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.