[CYRN] - A photo a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYRN

Nov 14, 2002
photoevangel.com
It's a brand new year. And like many S'poreans, went to see the fireworks.

Brought my family to Sentosa to catch the Mt-Faber Fireworks display. We waited for 2 hours hoping to see 15 mins of spectacular light show only to have our expectation dropping to the floor when the first salvo fired.

Most of the display were blocked by Harbour Front! Myself was very dissappointed that the display were so low level and wondered if we were better off watching the Esplanade's display.

While we watch this silent and slow show, we were also greeted by the sound blasts from Siloso and Esplanade's show and wondered at the magnificence of those displays.

Still, all was not lost, there were some beautiful salvos that are much more elegant than those massive displays and I'm glad that I was there with my family to enjoy it.

IMG_2375.jpg

Like most things in life, it may not turn out the way we like it. But there are still beauty and opportunities a plenty.

Happy New Year 2006.

thx for sharing and happy new year! :cool:

Haiz... week 2 and I'm already late. :sweat:

Went to Raffles City to shoot the "Tang Dynasty Royal Welcome" show. At the same time, went shopping with my wife.

As long as the people dun mind, I like to shoot some of the products that were on sales. We bought something from this shop, so I just "hang around" and look for something interesting to shoot.

There are plenty of distracting background, so I ended up selecting the below, using f1.4 to blur away the background totally.

IMG_29601.jpg

After many days and nights of rain, the sky finally cleared up.

Tonight, I saw this beautiful moon shining above.
So, after coming home, I couldn't resist letting this opportunity go, took my cam downstairs for a couple of snaps at the moon.

Taken using Sigma 400mm + 1.4x + 2.0x.

IMG_3434.jpg

CYRN said:
After many days and nights of rain, the sky finally cleared up.

Tonight, I saw this beautiful moon shining above.
So, after coming home, I couldn't resist letting this opportunity go, took my cam downstairs for a couple of snaps at the moon.

Taken using Sigma 400mm + 1.4x + 2.0x.

Anyone notice the faint lines on the moon that make it seem like the "south pole" of an orange?
Near the right side..

So weird..

FirstDecember said:
Anyone notice the faint lines on the moon that make it seem like the "south pole" of an orange?
Near the right side..

So weird..

understand those are impact sites and the lines could be caused by blast waves or debri settlement.

very clear moon pic...nice :)

Have not logged on for a few days. The usual excuse...busy.:bsmilie:

But this does not mean I'm not shooting at least once a week.

This pic a little backdated.... for last Sunday's PAW.

DSC03951.jpg

Wanted to shoot more, but need to catch a bus.

In anticipation of busy CNY this coming Sunday.:sweat:

Here's this week's PAW shot taken yesterday.

DSC04020.jpg

Went to Chingay with 50mm/1.4. My position suxxx big time. No good shots of the parade without destracting "heads" and "hands" :( But the real fun starts only after the parade :lovegrin:

This cute girl was encouraged by her Mum to dance for my cam. But since she's camera shy, I had to shoot this without composing. Thus the slightly cropped head.:embrass:

IMG_6743.jpg

CYRN said:
Went to Chingay with 50mm/1.4. My position suxxx big time. No good shots of the parade without destracting "heads" and "hands" :( But the real fun starts only after the parade :lovegrin:

This cute girl was encouraged by her Mum to dance for my cam. But since she's camera shy, I had to shoot this without composing. Thus the slightly cropped head.:embrass:

IMG_6743.jpg

this is cute. i think the slightly cropped head is no big deal :thumbsup:

This week... Thaipusam!

I wanted to cover the event but something urgent came up. Still, during transit, I popped by for a couple of minutes to capture this.

IMG_7028.jpg

The problem I find using Lensbaby on a 1.6x cam is that you are either too close or you are blocked :(

Also, it's a headache trying to achieve proper focus.:sweat: :sweat:

CYRN said:
This week... Thaipusam!

I wanted to cover the event but something urgent came up. Still, during transit, I popped by for a couple of minutes to capture this.

IMG_7028.jpg

The problem I find using Lensbaby on a 1.6x cam is that you are either too close or you are blocked :(

Also, it's a headache trying to achieve proper focus.:sweat: :sweat:

this is very nicely taken. the lensbaby effect heightens the feeling of "trance" around the devotee. :thumbsup:

zaren said:
this is very nicely taken. the lensbaby effect heightens the feeling of "trance" around the devotee. :thumbsup:

Thanks Zaren.

This week, went SBG for Lensbaby shoot. Actually intended to shoot some birds in the afternoon, but went on with LB shoot as described in this thread.

IMG_7195.jpg

Week 9

Taken at Expo MRT. :)

Not much "inspiration" this week wif "normal" lens. Was trying to get use to Lensbaby, so this is juz a snap shot. :embrass:

IMG_7609.jpg

Catching up on APAW.... Shoot too much that I didn't have time to process and upload. Now need to catch up soo many months of backdating. :( :cry:

Something from a wedding shoot.

IMG_0625_1.jpg

Street shoot @ Orchard

Was trying to tink of a better title... any suggestion?

IMG_0895_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.