Cylindrical box for tripod ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy

Jun 2, 2002
East Coast
Visit site
Hi ...

Does anyone know where a cylindrical box big enough to hold a tripod can be bought? Should be made of thick cardboard i think ...

I saw some in the post office but they are too small ...

Need the box so that I can place my tripod inside my check-in luaggage (65 lites bag)

Why don't you just plastic bag and put it straight in? A cylinder would be extra air and take up more space.

Originally posted by Willy
Hi ...

Does anyone know where a cylindrical box big enough to hold a tripod can be bought? Should be made of thick cardboard i think ...

I saw some in the post office but they are too small ...

Need the box so that I can place my tripod inside my check-in luaggage (65 lites bag)
Must it be cylinderical? I still have my Manfrotto 055pro box with me.
No use for it. U want?
I stay in the East like u. ;)

Actually i also have my tripod box with me ...
but i have already used it for a few trips and the cardboard is the "thin" type .... so it has sort of detriorated

"Must it be cylinderical?"

Actually no need to be cylindrical lar ... but u noe those cylindrical type are made with "tougher" cardboard ....

Originally posted by MoriMori
Why don't you just plastic bag and put it straight in? A cylinder would be extra air and take up more space.

wun it get damaged ?

Nah, I used to strap my cheapo no brand tripod to the outside of my 65 litre. Of course its not a $2++ Manfrotto or Gitzo so if it makes you feel better, by all means get a box.

I'd say tripods will take quite a bit of baggage handler abuse, only thing is I'd take off the head and hand carry it while the legs go check in.

The box Manfrotto supplied is quite thick & study.
U want? Can give u.

Mori Mori, u bought the tripod from me izzit? How izzit?

So far so good, going to test at BG on sat.

Originally posted by markccm
The box Manfrotto supplied is quite thick & study.
U want? Can give u.

Mori Mori, u bought the tripod from me izzit? How izzit?

ok ... tkx ... will pm u ..

Hi there,

I personally feel that you should just wrap the tripod with some fabric like towels and cloths so that in cases of he immigration request for a check, then you will not have to take out the whole "tube" out.

I personally use a towel which is can slide it aside to show the customs officer.

regards,
sulhan

Originally posted by ckiang
I just stuff the thing among towels and clothes like sulhan mentioned into the luggage and check it in. Tried with a velbon and a Gitzo G01, no problems.

Regards
CK

Tkx, will keep this in mind, *last resort* :D

Status
Not open for further replies.