Cyclists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sehsuan said:
2005-06-30-bike.jpg

i was doing my triathlon relay in 1 of these . .. of course ..with a alot of modification just to get it going faster than a regular MTB..

coldman said:
saw something like that in turf city shopping center.
you can try there.
i saw similar bike in bikehause along bt. timah, near 6th ave or the other one near coronation plaza.

btw, i think there are some cyclist club in spore. anyone know any? I usually cycle home/work, from 6th ave/bt. timah to raffles. faster than bus. :)

Ice

Thanks guys for the various suggestions. I couldn't quite pinpoint what was good and what was average but I realised that when buying a bike, go with what you can afford on a good frame and fork and spend money on getting quality parts like pedals, brakes etc.

Having said that, a lot of bikes tend to be the same and only the hardcore bikers can tell from bikes that has good setups from those that don't. Like cameras, it pays to do quite a bit of research!

informer said:
Thanks guys for the various suggestions. I couldn't quite pinpoint what was good and what was average but I realised that when buying a bike, go with what you can afford on a good frame and fork and spend money on getting quality parts like pedals, brakes etc.

Having said that, a lot of bikes tend to be the same and only the hardcore bikers can tell from bikes that has good setups from those that don't. Like cameras, it pays to do quite a bit of research!

Actually you can not tell from research. It is from spending time riding your bike and tweaking it along as you ride months on end. You have to stop at some point with all the reading and just go for it. Same as photography.,..sometime the more you ask and without any practical you are confusing yourself more then you are able to pick up stuff and gain wisdom in choosing the right gear to upgear, know your taste and interest and make less mistake. This is not just confined to those who ride or photograph....it applies to everything.

thinking of getting a good bike for long travel use, such as tour in malaysia. Anyone have a good recommendation? issit possible to get it under $500?

kenele said:
Yeah! cycle and shoot in Ubin, the perfect combi, however gotta be a good cyclist, you don't want any mishap on your camera " it's ok if i fall but not my camera".
haha i rember once when i was shooting near some wet flooring then i slipped
i suddenly twist and turn
actually it was face and hands facing floor
but turned to
elbow and arms hitting the floor 1st then my hands was like clutching my
d50
in the air..
then 1st thing i check was if my d50 was damaged...
= P
den later on found out my elbow was bleeding..:bigeyes:

ben77 said:
then 1st thing i check was if my d50 was damaged...
= P
den later on found out my elbow was bleeding..:bigeyes:

we'll all do the same...dun worry..u'r normal!

Status
Not open for further replies.