Cyclist gone viral

The cyclist exhibited road bully behavior. In future, should just call the police and let the police haul the bully to court.

A bully will bully a potential victim only if he gauges that he (the bully) can get away with it.
A bully will not do so if he gauges that he will get the crap beaten out of him or worse.

For example, the Caucasian cyclist in the video would not dare to behave that way in the Taliban dominated regions of Afghanistan; because the coward knows what will surely happen to him.

But sometimes the bully assesses the potential victim wrongly and the results are terrifying for the bully.
In a separate case, that is what happened to ex-NKF CEO T T Durai.

Coming back to traffic related bullying cases, the Caucasian cyclist in the video should not try that in Thailand too.
Thais are gentle people - until you get them mad with unreasonable bullying behavior. Some of them have a weapon in the glove compartment of their car. I think they will use it in such situations, and worry about the consequences later.

Last edited:
if you got time, go out and observe how the motorists behave on the roads.

1385021_10151636509187397_1864126906_n.jpg

Van gonna need a new PAINT JOB...

similar to the white man thinking that it's ok to call the Chinese and Japanese Yellow Skins, and the Chinese Chinks. they think it's nothing wrong.
what do you think? are you offended by the name calling?
just because you don't think it is, doesn't mean that it's not. and btw, the meaning of gwai-lo is to mean Devil. calling someone a devil is a negative term, is it not?
Very good point. The best is to avoid all kinds of local terms and names when referring to a non-local person, especially those terms coined during colonial era or times of war.
It is basic respect to use a term that is neutral and can be understood by the other, non-local person.

Who is so free to report? What is wrong with calling an orange, an orange? If I call asian woman who only likes Caucasian men a SPG. Yes, it may be derogatory.

But if Wikipedia can be used as a reference, definition of GL includes:
"Many Cantonese speakers frequently use the term "gweilo" to refer to caucasian in general and consider the term non-derogatory, which some members of the foreign community resent"
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gweilo

Some people resenting it does not make it a racist term.

Which is worse? The poster whose comments target a specific piece of video or the one who tried to influenced the public into thinking it is general comment targeting a specific race? The latter is just as guilty and I hope the moderator has been fair to also issue an infraction to that person. In any case, we do have some dung stirrer in this forum.

Read this post carefully...

Well, you should have seen those older posts and the stronger words

Cos you have been flaming and stirring things up and you deserved it. The only thing I do not understand is why you are continuously being condoned for your behaviour and gets away scot-free. Maybe you are deemed as an angel. But angel and devil is a fine line here. And maybe wearing a skirt helps.

Anyway, I have no wish to be part of this discussion anymore so continue to say anything you want.

Cos you have been flaming and stirring things up and you deserved it. The only thing I do not understand is why you are continuously being condoned for your behaviour and gets away scot-free. Maybe you are deemed as an angel. But angel and devil is a fine line here. And maybe wearing a skirt helps.

Anyway, I have no wish to be part of this discussion anymore so continue to say anything you want.

Wow, why be a sexist? Are you accusing the mods of being discriminatory and sexist? That a simple skirt will make them weak? Tsk.

I tried it with a kilt once. Kena infraction for causing public scandal. Sigh.

No need to understand. kei1309 has been warned many times before for other posts in the past. He/she does not "get away with it".

Yes it is better that you shut up here before you get yourself into more trouble.

ENough ar people. there are minors sufing ClubSNAP also... keep it clean. Consider this a warning.

Last edited:
This morning, I was walking and out of a sudden, some one on a road bike behind me while I waiting to cross! He even cycle on the pedestrian crossing when it's green light and back on to the pavement at high speed! Such behavior is unacceptable! If he fall, I sure wouldn't help, he deserve it!

When they cycle at high speed and when traffic light is red... it is very dangerous.... but they do not care it seems.....

Do be careful when crowing zebra crossing. More so when the traffic is light. As a motorist, we sometime may miss a person crossing suddenly when you are deep in thought. No excuse but for your own safety, do wait to ensure the car see you and slowing down before crossing.

When there are traffic light, the chances are the motorist will see them. But don't rush to cross as you know our traffic light turn from amber to red is split second. Not all traffic light have the same timing and motorist just need to guess what next.

What we are all in such a hurry? I also don't know. I have to keep reminding myself, take it easy, slow down. But, we are tuned to slot In the name of productivity and also multitask. Drive but think about work. Haha

Well... our LTA or NParks... also does a "Fantastic" job at times.... some plants planted at certain location is really dangerous... others... before a zebra crossing, you have some obstruction, and you cannot see clearly... and if you have a sudden speeding bike... you can really knock them unintentionally, but once you hit tham.. you get the "DEATH SENTENCE"!!!

So drivers, etc... please be careful....

I was hit by a bicycle before..... and he was riding really fast, and he have no horn... and assume I know what is the meaning of "Shhhhh"... (he "whistling" = move aside).... lucky for me, he brake in time, and hit me but not too badly hurt... as he crash onto the pavement in his attempt to brake and he fell....

Even walk on pavement.... better to keep to one side..... you never know when a speeder bike will come from, and those to listen to MP3 when they walk will have more danger...

Be safe people... :sweat:

There are good and bad motorists out there. And there are good and bad cyclists out there. But cyclists should always remember that they are way more vulnerable, if they do not ride defensively, they put their own lives at stake. Worse so if they ride recklessly.

Sometimes I do not see a need for all the rise in emotions when a biker gets hit. People need to cool it first and see what the investigation comes up with... many times, the bikers are at fault too.

I have seen a few bike of reckless biker who simply endanger people's life including their own.... and it is not fair to blame the driver just because a biker died....

We do not know what happen, and if a driver is punished because a biker died for his own reckless and driver have no witness... I think it is really no justice.... because driver will be the "Sway" one....

well, because everyone assumes that the motorists are not being careful.

How to be careful.... you check left, and check right, and you have some reckless biker come out of no where..... and you could just hit "Jackpot"!!!

I think there should be a law for bikers.... our authority should have looked into this years back....

A bully will bully a potential victim only if he gauges that he (the bully) can get away with it.
A bully will not do so if he gauges that he will get the crap beaten out of him or worse.

For example, the Caucasian cyclist in the video would not dare to behave that way in the Taliban dominated regions of Afghanistan; because the coward knows what will surely happen to him.

But sometimes the bully assesses the potential victim wrongly and the results are terrifying for the bully.
In a separate case, that is what happened to ex-NKF CEO T T Durai.

Coming back to traffic related bullying cases, the Caucasian cyclist in the video should not try that in Thailand too.
Thais are gentle people - until you get them mad with unreasonable bullying behavior. Some of them have a weapon in the glove compartment of their car. I think they will use it in such situations, and worry about the consequences later.

To put it in perspective...... they do seems to be aware that "SG" people do not have balls between our legs.... and they also know how "Protected" they are... and it is not as if I am saying this because... I like "color", but is almost the universally acknowledged "facts" that the right one dare not "Publicly" admit.... but it is like... already... in the unwritten "scriptures"....

If you drive... you will notice that the road are more dangerous nowadays....... with a lot of arrogant drivers... and it was so different... like just 10 yrs back....

some locations...... the plants are taller.... some even blocked by bus advertisement.... need move out a little to check.... best is.... those barriers....

some locations...... the plants are taller.... some even blocked by bus advertisement.... need move out a little to check.... best is.... those barriers....

They install these barriers that totally blocks the view of the oncoming traffic or pedetrians crossing a zebra crossing. Since any fool could see this problem, I must be the fool as I could not understand their concept of road safety.

They install these barriers that totally blocks the view of the oncoming traffic or pedetrians crossing a zebra crossing. Since any fool could see this problem, I must be the fool as I could not understand their concept of road safety.

Pretty common to find it hard to filter out of some lanes due to poor visibility and obstruction. Well... if fool are paid millions... we deserve trillions...

Pretty common to find it hard to filter out of some lanes due to poor visibility and obstruction. Well... if fool are paid millions... we deserve trillions...

Ha ha, we deserve to pay more COE.

Ha ha, we deserve to pay more COE.

Our coe can pay for 2 to 3 brand new car in some other countries.

If I'm transport minister. .... I start by screwing... I mean screening those people who hv licences and are hopeless.... that should reduce driver population by 30%.