Cute Fun loving little gals for outdoor shoot on the 18th of march

Status
Not open for further replies.
precious.jas said:
Err.. Usually I quote $60/hr for casual shoot minimum leh... hahaha
Hahah no problem, I don't know your rate, :)

precious.jas said:
Dont be sad dude.. Can organise agn one.. Let me give u some ideas next time. And hor, choose a better date w/o so many other shoots :)

thanks gal.. go KL never jio me.. still angry wif u... hahaha.. joking.. date movie when?? lol

latinfrog said:
thanks gal.. go KL never jio me.. still angry wif u... hahaha.. joking.. date movie when?? lol
Hahaa... How to jio u? I go look for frds mah.. Date Movie ah? Errrr..... :think: :what:

precious.jas said:
Oh.. Dont worry, I wont want to make myself malu! hahaa.. Sure nobody sign up if I am the model one.. hahaha ;p

I would, and was told by your good old friend that you're a stunner. Hmm... I thought you were more confident and popular than this. You ever had a no-response before?

precious.jas said:
I dare to bet leh! Hahhaa.. Tell me, who willing to pay say... $100 to shoot me? Hahaha

precious.jas said:
Err.. Usually I quote $60/hr for casual shoot minimum leh... hahaha

Actually this got me thinking. I don't know the typical/average rates freelance models in S'pore charge for casual/fashion shoots, swimsuit/bikini shoots, lingerie shoots, and nude shoots.

Since I'm in Australia and work with Aussies, I have a rough idea how much they charge.

I hope someone can shed some light.

Jemapela said:
I would, and was told by your good old friend that you're a stunner. Hmm... I thought you were more confident and popular than this. You ever had a no-response before?

Actually this got me thinking. I don't know the typical/average rates freelance models in S'pore charge for casual/fashion shoots, swimsuit/bikini shoots, lingerie shoots, and nude shoots.

Since I'm in Australia and work with Aussies, I have a rough idea how much they charge.

I hope someone can shed some light.
Hmm.. I've not organise any shoot for myself as yet. So I m not sure abt the respond. I was just guessing.. Hahaa..

I'm gonna organise a shoot .. as soon as I get a male model.

There isnt any typical/average rates I guess. It depends on the models' exp and the theme?

Jemapela said:
May I ask.. Who is my that good old friend???

latinfrog said:
haha some say timing good enuff.. some say not.. i mean sometimes i would love to hear da suggestions.. anyway bro thanks for da suggestion.. but i needa noe wad u guys feel also.. be frank wif me.. dun give me clues to leave me hanging.. cus i dunnoe abt the r/s wif da gals and da photographers also.. and my reputation or wadsoever.. so i need frank answers.. thanks guys.. :)

To be really really frank?
The 3 girls are only amateurs, meaning either they PAY us to shoot them, or it's a TFP.
Do a search on their post history, you will see that they can't get any shoots by themselves earlier. $100 is too much to pay to shoot amateurs. Of cos, I am not commenting on the "cute" part you advertised.

precious.jas said:
Hmm.. I've not organise any shoot for myself as yet. So I m not sure abt the respond. I was just guessing.. Hahaa..

I'm gonna organise a shoot .. as soon as I get a male model.

There isnt any typical/average rates I guess. It depends on the models' exp and the theme?
seen yr webpage
noticed u sport a short hair cut....
it is before or now?
i find it quite lovely :)

eow said:
seen yr webpage
noticed u sport a short hair cut....
it is before or now?
i find it quite lovely :)
My webpage? My blog? I where got short hair??

Haley said:
hi there.

just wanna let u know some information.

if im NOT wrong abt it. i dun think we're allowed 2 do photoshoot at Botanical Gardens. i think even if u insist on that location, u might have 2 get a permit from their office or something.

cos there was once when i did a job stock shoot there, their pple actually came asking 4 the letter.. bla bla bla, if not we'll have 2 stop wat we're doing.

better play safe. if not they might ask u 2 surrender ALL ur memory cards or something. moreover, u're gonna have so many models n photographers. it's definately quite obvious.

I did not know Botanical Garden doesn't allow that.. thanks for the headsup.

JamYees said:
To be really really frank?
The 3 girls are only amateurs, meaning either they PAY us to shoot them, or it's a TFP.
Do a search on their post history, you will see that they can't get any shoots by themselves earlier. $100 is too much to pay to shoot amateurs. Of cos, I am not commenting on the "cute" part you advertised.

I'm not specifically targetting the gals mentioned here but what you said has validity.

I want to share some observation/experience regarding freelance models as an example.

On a popular UK-based modeling website which is also very popular among Aussies, there has been a recent increase in the number of gals who want to be models, and they create a profile for themselves on the website. Obviously beginners, they post up web cam or handphone cam snapshots of themselves and state in their profiles that they only work for pay (no TFP or TFCD). Aussie photographers (and myself) feel it's ridiculous!

Sometimes, similar acts by inexperienced gals also happen in Singapore.

The quality of a model's portfolio tends to indicate her experience and versatility. It means, the more attractive/unique the photos are in the portfolio, the more money the model is worth. The magic word here is quality.

If a gal was to post fuzzy snapshots in her modeling profile, genuine photographers are only willing to pay $10 per hour. (Cheeko-peks and despos may offer more in the hope of more.) However, if a gal posted images which were skillfully photographed by a some of the best ClubSnap fellas here, other genuine photographers would be more willing to pay $100 per hour.

The right way for beginner/amateur models to rise up the ranks is to work on TFP/TFCD with beginner/amateur photographers, or even pay accomplished photographers to build/expand their portfolios. What's more important is the variety of themes/styles in the portfolio because it shows that the model is versatile.

A portfolio full of pretty-girl-smiling-in-the-park-wearing-fashion photos is not going to earn a model lots of work, and naturally, not going to earn the model lots of money. The lack of versatility locks up a model/actor in just 1 style/genre, and that's very limiting.

I'm not trying to suck up to Jaslyn but having seen her work with Ezcapizm, I think she's capable of being versatile. As best as I understand, the only problem I see is that she closed the door on herself.

Jemapela said:
I'm not specifically targetting the gals mentioned here but what you said has validity.

I want to share some observation/experience regarding freelance models as an example.

On a popular UK-based modeling website which is also very popular among Aussies, there has been a recent increase in the number of gals who want to be models, and they create a profile for themselves on the website. Obviously beginners, they post up web cam or handphone cam snapshots of themselves and state in their profiles that they only work for pay (no TFP or TFCD). Aussie photographers (and myself) feel it's ridiculous!

Sometimes, similar acts by inexperienced gals also happen in Singapore.

The quality of a model's portfolio tends to indicate her experience and versatility. It means, the more attractive/unique the photos are in the portfolio, the more money the model is worth. The magic word here is quality.

If a gal was to post fuzzy snapshots in her modeling profile, genuine photographers are only willing to pay $10 per hour. (Cheeko-peks and despos may offer more in the hope of more.) However, if a gal posted images which were skillfully photographed by a some of the best ClubSnap fellas here, other genuine photographers would be more willing to pay $100 per hour.

The right way for beginner/amateur models to rise up the ranks is to work on TFP/TFCD with beginner/amateur photographers, or even pay accomplished photographers to build/expand their portfolios. What's more important is the variety of themes/styles in the portfolio because it shows that the model is versatile.

A portfolio full of pretty-girl-smiling-in-the-park-wearing-fashion photos is not going to earn a model lots of work, and naturally, not going to earn the model lots of money. The lack of versatility locks up a model/actor in just 1 style/genre, and that's very limiting.

I'm not trying to suck up to Jaslyn but having seen her work with Ezcapizm, I think she's capable of being versatile. As best as I understand, the only problem I see is that she closed the door on herself.
Agreed that I closed the door on myself. The reason being... Its not my full time job. Its just for interest and I am anyway, not up to the standard to be a full time professional model. Not born with it. There are certain shoot, be it TFCD or paid.. eg. Artistic nude. that I do not need to do as I dont need them for portfolio. I choose what I want to do, what I'll like to have. Yes, photog pays me, but I still have the rights to say yes or no.

Think I've mentioned this many times... If I like the photog's work, TFCD always welcome, I wont even wanna charge him.

Some photog told me, they find that when they pay the model, the model will not do a good job, as she is being paid, she'll just pose and f off after the shoot. That really depends. If the model is not pro enuf and just wants to earn the quick bucks, yes.. thats a normal reaction. I would like to add that some photog just want to shoot for free. Asking model to even do their own makeup. Tell me, will the end result be good? It will be different from a proper shoot with proper makeup, hair and setup.

Sorie if I dont sound like I am making any sense here. Dont know why I just keep typing. So freaking tired now.. Sorie!

precious.jas said:
Agreed that I closed the door on myself. The reason being... Its not my full time job. Its just for interest and I am anyway, not up to the standard to be a full time professional model. Not born with it. There are certain shoot, be it TFCD or paid.. eg. Artistic nude. that I do not need to do as I dont need them for portfolio. I choose what I want to do, what I'll like to have. Yes, photog pays me, but I still have the rights to say yes or no.

Think I've mentioned this many times... If I like the photog's work, TFCD always welcome, I wont even wanna charge him.

Some photog told me, they find that when they pay the model, the model will not do a good job, as she is being paid, she'll just pose and f off after the shoot. That really depends. If the model is not pro enuf and just wants to earn the quick bucks, yes.. thats a normal reaction. I would like to add that some photog just want to shoot for free. Asking model to even do their own makeup. Tell me, will the end result be good? It will be different from a proper shoot with proper makeup, hair and setup.

Sorie if I dont sound like I am making any sense here. Dont know why I just keep typing. So freaking tired now.. Sorie!

Basically I feel that it should only depends on the 2 party involved. Most clubsnap feels that some people who have SLR and shoot for free spoils the market, nevermind if they are not skilled enough to charge, never mind that the "employer" are not interested in the best photos...

Same here, if someone is willing to pay then what is the big fuss? As you have mentioned, professional photographer in Australia will avoid these type. But then again, I would also assume professionals will go though an agency instead of wasting time hunting in forums like clubsnap.

Its about freedom to decide for yourself. If you think you can charge people and they agree to pay, regardless if you're a photographer or a model, then so be it. What I'm saying is, live and let live. $33 per model is not that bad. I had shot $60 inexperienced models before and I don't regret it because a photographer is more than a button clicker and I appreciate the experience of success and failure. Some will not agree with me but not everyone thinks like you, or me. Its doesn't make one of us right or wrong.

NOTE: This post is hierarchical in nature and not a direct response to jas.

precious.jas said:
My webpage? My blog? I where got short hair??
Hmmmm then i must have saw others..pity though:dunno:

Jemapela said:

Cheeko-peks and despos are generally the target for this sort of portfolio I suppose. See young cute girls make blood rush to their brain, and suddenly it's not about shooting to build up portfolios anymore.. :bsmilie:

While there are alot of good discussions going on here, the posts have generally strayed way OT. To avoid further degeneration, I am closing this thread especially since latinfrog has indicated that the shoot has been cancelled. Those of you who wish to continue your discussion, do start a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.