Cute Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicken

Jul 29, 2008
Hi ,

I will like feedback on the composition.
I have composed the picture this way because I want to show the natural cuteness of the baby.

I will like feedback on photography techniques.
The following is the camera settings used to photograph this picture.
I have chosen this 5.6/1/125/ exposure 0 / focal lenght 40mm / AWB

After i crop the pic , feels the pic look abit blurr.
I'm new to this hobby , hope can get more feedback .

Jaycie-web-critique.gif

I dont know about the rest, but for babies and small kids, I would prefer colours.
...and personally, my definition of CUTE is enough for the face part, facial expressions.

Dont worry, while waiting for the rest to reply, keep on shoooting!

Since you say you've composed the picture this way because I want to show the natural cuteness of the baby, how does such a composition show the above mentioned?

Care to elaborate?

Since you say you've composed the picture this way because I want to show the natural cuteness of the baby, how does such a composition show the above mentioned?

Care to elaborate?

I find it cute cos it was being snap at a split sec of her action. The picture has shown the innocent of a child. As you can see she was at the mid of sitting down while her curiosity of me standing in front of her was being captured.

I find it cute cos it was being snap at a split sec of her action. The picture has shown the innocent of a child. As you can see she was at the mid of sitting down while her curiosity of me standing in front of her was being captured.

This has to do with timing of the shot right? It's a separate element from composition.

Do you understand what composition is? Here are some really good (and in-depth) reads:

http://photoinf.com/

http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/digital-photography-composition-tips/

If you don't understand what I am gonna say next, it probably will be good to check out these links. In any case, it will be good to check out these links anyway.

The image captures the moment, but the composition is not that strong. I feel that if you want to place the subject at the center of the image, it has to be surrounded by elements that will bring about focus to the center of the image. This is where you have to pay attention to every element in your frame.

Take the opening of the playground frame that the baby is looking out from. Right now you've captured her in the center of the shot, but you're not head on with the playground frame. The frame is now slanted. This weakens the whole impact, since the baby is in the opening of this structure, which is centered, but slanted.

Centered compositions can work, but you have to make the elements in the photo work for you in order to make the whole center composition work as a whole.

Last edited:
most parents will find any photos of their child are very very cute.

if you want to improve your photos? than you have to see this photo as if the girl is not yours and the photo is taken by other people, you will able judge this photo more objectively.

Take the opening of the playground frame that the baby is looking out from. Right now you've captured her in the center of the shot, but you're not head on with the playground frame. The frame is now slanted. This weakens the whole impact, since the baby is in the opening of this structure, which is centered, but slanted.

Centered compositions can work, but you have to make the elements in the photo work for you in order to make the whole center composition work as a whole.

Hi bro ,

thanks for the pointers . noted , will improve on the compositions :)

most parents will find any photos of their child are very very cute.

if you want to improve your photos? than you have to see this photo as if the girl is not yours and the photo is taken by other people, you will able judge this photo more objectively.

This kid is not my child. :)

Care to elaborate?

Same question when I read that.

seriously, I don't find the expression is cute.

you need to spend more time to observe kids.

2nd that.

perhaps , my topic shouldn't be cute baby.
any suggestion for the topic to suit the picture?

For goodness sake this is a picture and not an english essay. Look at the picture and comment on what it says and not the title, please.

I dont know why people argue about pic titles when u can see the pic - for cute or not, baby or not, it is still a good photo (but some say no such thing as good - if you say good, its good)

its a good capture of the moment and the little smile is charming.

black and white treatment is good, maybe a tad more brightness.

And to crop the left and right empty, non contributing space.

Last edited:
...a picture is a 1000 words ma..; so must get those 1000 words worthy la.
Some pictures dont even have 20 words hehehe...

if this is the best photo you have for this kid, than you can try to shoot her again.

with or with the title, I don't see this photo is able to stand on it own, let alone want to spend any more effects to make this photo any nicer.

this is my honest and last comment in this thread, seriously.

Thanks guys , i will continue to work hard shooting :)

...a picture is a 1000 words ma..; so must get those 1000 words worthy la.
Some pictures dont even have 20 words hehehe...
ya so tok about the thousand words IN the picture, or lack thereof. Isnt it enuff to tok?

Why ever the need to tok about words outside the picture, which can be entirely meaningless, eg what if i titled a picture Untitled?????

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

ya so tok about the thousand words IN the picture, or lack thereof. Isnt it enuff to tok?

Why ever the need to tok about words outside the picture, which can be entirely meaningless, eg what if i titled a picture Untitled?????

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

A title is an extension of the story you wish to tell with your picture. If your picture portrays a sense of lack of identity, or a sense of being lost, then by all means title it untitled. Think of your title as a theme for your photo as well.

To be able to title your pictures skillfully and appropriately is also something that needs to be learnt.

When i first saw, the pic, i said: aiyo why like tt. Smack right in the centre. TS, had you considered going down lower to capture her? Have you thought that a protrait frame would be more suitable for this? I can see loads of potential in a portrait framing but as a landscape, i really can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.