Cut Throat, Cheating: S$130 for 2 D24 durians along Geylang

Status
Not open for further replies.

anakin0618

Jun 26, 2005
www.reelmotionhd.com
Seen this article in Stomp and like to share with all the forum member.

at What Bugs Me

27-year-old Yileen Koh was shocked to pay S$130 for 2 D24 durians along Geylang, and she claims that they were not even worth the price.

The analyst was with a group of eight other people, walking along the main road close to Lorong 9, when they chanced upon this durian stall.

They were misled to try the durians, as they initially saw a sign stating that the stall was charging S$5 per durian.

Yileen told STOMP that they kept asking the seller what was the cost of the durians in mandarin, and they were told repeatedly by him to pay at the cashier. By then, he had already cut open two durians for them.

“By then, the durian was served, so in order not to dampen our high spirits, we did not bicker and just paid the lousy seller,” she wrote in an email.

“The durians were not even gray and your fingers usually get stained by the smell, if they are good. But all I had to do was to dip my fingers in water and the smell was gone. This reflects the quality of the durians he sold us,” she said.

she didn't punch the durian seller? what self restraint!

:bsmilie:

Durian sellers are dangerous... they got lots of durians. If you dare hit them... they just need to "accidentally" make you trip and fall on the durians... :sweat:

Durian sellers are dangerous... they got lots of durians. If you dare hit them... they just need to "accidentally" make you trip and fall on the durians... :sweat:

:sweatsm:

it is time we all show off some form of martial arts! being Asian, we have our own forms of martial arts be it silat, kung fu, judo, karate... etc.

no excuse not to execute some killer blows on these rogue traders!!:thumbsup:

durian sellers also wield sharp knives. :eek:

they will stack about 15 durians and price cheaply..

then when u order, they say: these are no good...
then they open the expensive one, say they good, ask u to sit down,...then hah..you pay lor.

yes yes...they have a cake shop too...all yummy durian stuffs..

I oso karaoke at the pub next to it...

oei........

make me so hungry already

Now I only buy durians from supermarket, those already cut open and packed into boxes. Prices are all displayed clearly, and no dispute. Not the best in quality, but hey, it saves me all the hassle. Besides I'm not picky about my durians.

tao payo central there got 1 small stall bluff ppl wan (NOT the bigger stall), miss selling arrr .
they put one sign big big say $1 !! at night 9+pm when i was going home saw. then when i approach to buy, i ask $1 arr ... then the person say, these $5 per box !!!! i sell u cheap cheap, 3 box for $10 .... KNN, then i ask him, where you $1 durian ? then he keep saying want to eat must eat good one. then i say i eat for fun. i almost tell him, if i want to eat good one you think i will come here buy box one from you arr !! :X

in the end i ask him, where the $1, show me.
then he show me one box hidden away, say that one $1...... i got nothing to say then. but i bought the $2 per box one (3 box for $5).

i will never go to that stall again !! go the bigger one same price but they never so cheap skate.... leave one $1 box then put sign big big and still can shout "durian for $1"

bigger stall also got more variety.

anakin, you can use your cam to film them up and post on youtube. Heheh :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.