Customised North India Trip : 14th to 26Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelLee

May 19, 2003
JB, SG
Calling for 1 more travelmate !!!!

Who we are : 3 easy going CSer, who like to travel, chiak hong and take picture.

When are we flying : Depart 14th Nov 2310. Come back 26th Nov 1620.

Which Airline : Jet Airway $ 730 + $198(Tax)

How we go around : Hire a AC 4WD and a local driver to travel around as according to our own itinerary. We can stop whenever and go wherever as we like. The cost of car rental + driver is around INR28k for the entire trip, including airport pick up. SGD250 -SGD280per person.

Where do we stay : I am in process to book the hotel online. Type : AC Double room. Budget is around USD30 per room per night. Total cost is USD30 X 11nights/ 2 person sharing = SGD250 per person twin sharing basis.

Other cost : meal, drink, shopping, entrance fee, tips, activities (ie camel ride in desert)

How could you join : PM me and we shall start the conversation. Basically 3 of us have already issued air ticket. As long as you are committed and have a ticket as well, you are in. PM your contact if you want to find out more.

Itinerary :
Day 1 - 14th Nov
Depart Changi Ariport 2310.

Day 2 - 15th Nov
Arriving 0255am, and clear immigration 0350am. Meet driver and go for early breakfast, and start the journey 0600. Stop for sunrise shot, and continue journey to Shekawati region. Distance : 250km, Drive : 5-6 hours. Visit Fatehpur (19km from Mandawa), Mandawa. ON at Mandawa.

Highlight of the Day : Visit Havelis of Nawalgarh & Mandawaride, ride around Fetehpur and Mandawa town for the painted buildings.

Day 3 - 16th Nov
Check out after breakfast and travel to Bikaner. Distance : 180km, Drive : 3-4 hours. Check in hotel. Afternoon visit desert and may be camel ride. ON at Bikaner.

Highlight of the Day : Junagarh Fort, Lal Garh Palace, Temple of Rats, Camel Safari, and Village visit by Jeep

Day 4 - 17th Nov
Check out after breakfast and travel to Jaisalmer. Distance : 350km, Drive : 5-6hours. On the way, stop for lunch and drop by small town for visit. ON at Jaisalmer
Highlight of the Day : Sam Sand Dunes

Day 5 - 18th Nov
Jaiselmer
Highlight of the Day : Jaislemer Fort, Gadsisar Lake

Day 6 - 19th Nov
Check out after breakfast and travel to Jodphur . Distance : 275km, Drive : 5-6hours. Check in and lunch and ON at Jodphur.
Highlight of the Day : Meherangarh, Umaid Bhawa Palace

Day 7 - 20th Nov
After breakfast, check out and travel to Pushkar, Distance: 180km, Drive : 3 hours. Visit the famous camel fair. ON at Puskhar.
Highlight of the Day : Pushkar Lake and near by Ghats, Camel Fair

Day 8 - 21st Nov
After breakfast, check out and drive 15km to Ajmer. After lunch, travel to Jaipur, Distance: 170km, Drive : 3 hours. ON at Jaipur.
Highlight of the Day : Dargah Khwaja Sahib, Ana Sagar, Adhai-Din-ka-Jhonpra, Taragarh Fort, Nasiyan Temple

Day 9 - 22nd Nov
Jaipur
Highlight of the Day : City Palace, Amber Fort, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mahal

Day 10 - 23rd Nov
After breakfast, check out and travel to Fatehpur Sikri. Distance : 200km, Drive : 4 hours. Leave late noon and travel another 50km and drive 1hour to Agra. ON Agra.
Highlight of the Day : Diwan-I-Aam, Diwan-I-Khas & Panch Mahal (Fatehpur Sikri)

Day 11 – 24th Nov
Visit Taj Mahal & Agar Fort. After lunch, travel back to Delhi. Distance 220km, drive 4-5 hours. ON Delhi.
Highlight of the Day : Taj Mahal, Agra fort, Akbar's Tomb

Day 12 – 25th Nov
Delhi
Highlight of the Day : Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Qutb Minar, Old Delhi bazaars

Day 13 – 26th Nov
Check out early and arrive airport 0600.

Pic for reference - Ride on Toyota Qualish for the entire tour.
car_re3.jpg

Route of the itinerary
indiamap.jpg

Ticketing - I have found out several options for consideration.

1) Jet Airway $ 730 + $198(Tax)
14th Nov - Departure 2310 , Arrival 0255
26th Nov – Departure 0810, Arrival 1620
We can fly together. No mismtach

2) Air India $ 500 + $230(Tax)
14th Nov - Departure 1510 , Arrival 1825
26th Nov – Departure 0610, Arrival 1405

3) SIA $930 + $238
14th Nov - Departure 1840 , Arrival 2200
25th Nov – Departure 2315, Arrival 0710

4) Thai Airway (transit Bangkok) $550 + $188
14th Nov - Departure 1725 , Arrival 2245
26th Nov – Departure 0005, Arrival 1115

Good itinerary :thumbsup: and travelling with own car + driver is really the best way to see Rajasthan.

A pity you don't have 3-4 days more. Otherwise, I would've suggested that you go to Udaipur, Mt. Abu, Ranakpur and Chittorgarh too. There are plenty of photo-ops at all these places as well.

I suppose you would've already got this link of Rajasthan Tourism. http://www.rajasthantourism.gov.in/

Accomodation at the places run by Rajasthan Tourism, is usually of good standard. You can consider it for your stay.

If you don't mind, after your trip, can you PM me your car+driver contacts ? And your experience with him as well ? Thanks.

Other than Fatehpur and Ajmer, I've travelled to all these places (and more). If you need any help with these places, you can PM me too.

Cheers.

A pity you don't have 3-4 days more. Otherwise, I would've suggested that you go to Udaipur.

I suppose you would've already got this link of Rajasthan Tourism. http://www.rajasthantourism.gov.in/

Accomodation at the places run by Rajasthan Tourism, is usually of good standard. You can consider it for your stay.

If you don't mind, after your trip, can you PM me your car+driver contacts ? And your experience with him as well ? Thanks.

Other than Fatehpur and Ajmer, I've travelled to all these places (and more). If you need any help with these places, you can PM me too.

Cheers.

1) Had considered Udaipur, but rather to spend the time in Jaiselmer.

2) Cover most of the area in Rajasthan, that give us little time around Uttar Predesh, besides of Agra and Dehli.

3) Yes, I book most of the hotel via http://www.rajasthantourism.gov.in

4) Would pass u the experience of the driver we hire.

5) Will PM you when necessary, thanks your offer.

cool. Jaisalmer is actually the highlight of Rajasthan. And if you haven't seen Agra, you must include that. So, you did the right thing. I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy the trip. Do share your photos with us when you are back.

Cheers.

cool. Jaisalmer is actually the highlight of Rajasthan. And if you haven't seen Agra, you must include that. So, you did the right thing. I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy the trip. Do share your photos with us when you are back.

Thanks for your confirmation that we make the right choice to visit Jaisalmer. A bit far to travel there but I think it is worth the effect.

Yup..we will be in Agra during Day 10, 11.

i think nov u can save money on the ac rooms and vehicle.. can't be as bad as june when it hit 50 deg in some places n i still wanna save money on ac rooms... u can try those with fans and air cooling... see lonely planet book for some advice... if u wanna noe where i stayed in agra, jaipur, jodhpur, bikanr and delhi, pm me lah

Appreciate if anyone who has contact/experince for car rental + driver hire could share with us. Many thanks.

This is a very well planned trip. Best of all is to travel with a 4-wheels as the Best and Unique captures are normally found along the way to the destination.
Really wish I could join you guys….Have a great trip

Cheers

Update with the highlight/attraction of each day....:gbounce::gbounce:

bro,
good to see your preparation. let me add my 2c worth.

i haven't been to the Temple of Rats (the name is Karni Mata temple) in Bikaner where there are millions of rats. In the temple, you've got to walk barefoot or with your socks on. You will have to remove your shoes. Better to tie your trousers at the base. I've heard that rats climb up your legs from inside the trousers. It was a bit disgusting for me, so I decided not to go there. Also, if you accidentally step on a rat and it dies, its considered a bad omen and the priests there will give you grief and make you pay for the cost of donating a rat made of silver. This is once again, advice that I was given. So, its not first hand advice from me.

In Jaisalmer, Sam sand dunes are the more popular touristy ones and I went there too. You will be mobbed with the people who own the camels, for a camel ride. Do check with the hotel where you stay and find out if there is a organized tour going to Madh (i think that's how its spelt). Madh also has sand dunes but I think mostly organized tours go there. This might be a better option for you, as there will be no mobbing and the tour company will organize a local dance and music show. Great photo-op in my opinion and if you guys are keen, you can take part in the dance too :)

Go to the Havelis in Jaisalmer in the afternoon. The light is more suitable and you will be able to see the intricate carvings on the windows. Better get a tele lens to shoot that as the windows are high up in the building.

Jaisalmer Fort is quite beautiful at night as its made of yellow sandstone and is lit up by those huge halogen lights. Don't miss it.

Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur is very beautiful at night. Even if the palace gates are closed, you can still shoot from the gate (put two legs of the tripod in through the gate :bsmilie:)

Hawa Mahal in Jaipur is best viewed in the morning as the light is more appropriate (the sun sets in the direction behind the building)

If I remember anything else, I will update here.

zoossh, binbeto, ramius75 and Lotusfairy went to Agra and Fatehpur Sikri recently - earlier this year. You might want to take a look at their threads in the Landscapes section for ideas or PM them if you need any info on accomodation etc.

Cheers

thanks for the value input.....will take note.

:gbounce:......still calling....:rbounce:

up for the last time.....
we will be closing soon.

closed.

thanks for those who had shown interested and contribute their experience and comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.