Custom Picture Control for D7000

Just to share some custom Picture control I have found on the net.

Please study the readme for awhile before attempt to execute the download, unless you have done it before...

The Custom Picture Control can be found here.

Interesting to see a Top Gear Picture Control there... yet to give it a try...

Cheers.

Oh I also see Custom Picture Control for:
- Fuji_Velvia
- Kodak_Portra_MC

Thanks for sharing !

Did the D7000 support custom picture control?

cause i did't see any match for D7000 download.

Did the D7000 support custom picture control?

cause i did't see any match for D7000 download.

Yes... You can have Picture Control for D7000.

Download the preset Picture Control from the link, and open the readme file, follow the instruction.

You will need to create a directory in your SD card (follow the readme) so that the camera will recognize it is Picture Control file. And you will need to rename the file you download to the numerical form, eg. PICCON01.NCP.

Enjoy ur new curve.... try out Top Gear curve, I personally like it alot...

Cheers...

that means i can use the D2X curve/picture control also too?

i already follow the instruction to do it, but it said "NO PICTURE CONTROL FOUND ON MEMORY CARD"

Let me know if i done something wrong :

1st i format my SDHC memory card in my D7000,
then i connect my memory card to my com,
then i make folder name "NIKON" inside my memory card ( G: Drive )
then inside "NIKON" folder i make one more folder name "CUSTOMPC"
then just copy the "NCP" file into the memory card.

Nikon D7000 ( G: )/ NIKON / CUSTOMPC / NCP File.

remove from computer, and insert it back to my D7000.
then go Shooting Menu -> Manage Picture Control -> Load/save -> Copy to camera
then it said "NO PICTURE CONTROL FOUND ON MEMORY CARD"

i already try couple on times but still the same result.

please help me out.

ok, i got it..

need to rename it.

thanks alot.

Beside, which custom picture control is good for landscape and portrait?

ok, i got it..

need to rename it.

thanks alot.

Beside, which custom picture control is good for landscape and portrait?

Try it out... I think we got more than enough slots for Picture Control, don't like just delete it from camera....

So far I like Top Gear curve for shooting videos and some landscape pictures... add a bit of vignetting and looks like shots from top gear magazine or show...

Cheers...

Still got others website to download custom picture control?
Have any other people experience other nice custom picture control?

OK - I am having problems getting custom curves into my D7000. I created a couple using Nikons utility. It created files with .ntc extention (not the .ncp you refer to). Anyway, I followed your guide by creating following folder path on the SC card: NIKON/CUSTOMPC/ and in there placed my teo custom curve files (with .ntc extention). Camera cannot find any picture control files. Tried renaming a couple to change the extention to .ncp with same result. Tried renaming one to the same format as PICCON01.ncp and still no joy. What is the problem - anyone know? Anyone actually succeeded with this?

OK - I am having problems getting custom curves into my D7000. I created a couple using Nikons utility. It created files with .ntc extention (not the .ncp you refer to). Anyway, I followed your guide by creating following folder path on the SC card: NIKON/CUSTOMPC/ and in there placed my teo custom curve files (with .ntc extention). Camera cannot find any picture control files. Tried renaming a couple to change the extention to .ncp with same result. Tried renaming one to the same format as PICCON01.ncp and still no joy. What is the problem - anyone know? Anyone actually succeeded with this?

hi,
you can't export a custom curve.
you can only export a custom picture control.
so what you need to do is to use the Picture Control utility and load that ntc file on a colour profile eg. Standard or Neutral. Then export that as an .ncp file.
hope this helps.

tkp77 said:
Just to share some custom Picture control I have found on the net.

Please study the readme for awhile before attempt to execute the download, unless you have done it before...

The Custom Picture Control can be found here.

Interesting to see a Top Gear Picture Control there... yet to give it a try...

Cheers.

Cool, i will give it a try soon..
Thanks..

Anyone know how can I manipulate the picture control files ??

guys,

the link to the 3 curves mentioned above is no longer working anymore, can anyone who have downloaded it shared it with me pls, thanks in advance.
I'm looking for fuji velvia, astia and Agfa Optima curves in particular, thanks

Last edited: